Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A place to tell your proposal stories!

1. Senior Member

A place to tell your proposal stories!

Advertisements
    So lets here the stories about how your SO proposed or how you proposed to him!!

I am interested on how it was done if he was deployed when it happened too.

So, Lets hear them Ladies!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hmm.. :think........ Oh yes !!!
    It was 8 years ago July 4th weekend. when we finally met in person, but we were online talking( yes, we met in a Yahoo Country Music Chat Room) and then on the phone one night and he goes
    "babe, I mean Shaunny, would you marry me?"
    Me: "Areyou kidding? is this a joke? are you serious??
    Him: Not a joke,no I'm not Kidding and yes i am serious.
    Me: are you drunk again?
    Him: no i am not drunk again.
    Me: Yes I will marry you!
    fast forward to a few months ahead.

I was down in the capital for some work trainig skills( me being legally Blind i got this oppretunity to work for First Security bank for 2 months)
    i get all set up with the office ( had my own office for i was in HR and donig the refernces for applicants)
    icall and talk with him after work a few times. He tells me a few days before he is taking leave... an i am okay with this. till he goes"I am coming up to get you" ... i am shocked...at this point I am still in idaho and he is in Cali. so here I go waiting for him and finally on saturday July 1st of 2000 at 5:30 am Mountain time. there is a soft knock on the door i fly (okay okay hobble to the door-messed my knee up at work walked off a ramp wrong).. Anyways, i open the door there his is (mind you i am half asleep here and am in no shape for reccieving guests. he is standing there in a black cowboy hat. chevy racing team tshirt and jeans with hiking boots(yes i STILL remember what he was wearing !! ) i was in my road map cali tshirt and my jazz pants with a brace on my knee.........a stuffed animal in my one arm- it flew to my bed adn i ran and hugged him... and pulled him into my room.. hehehe
    Clear out my room and say goodbye to my friends and that .. load his truck with my crap. head to a hotel room... where he asked me again on bended knee..."Shaunny, will you marry me?" yes i will, i replied..... we get tocali and a few months (two weeks at his parents in So CAli) and we had an apt huge one bdroom too...
    So in feb of 2001 (V-Day actaully) he asks me again ( with ring this time) If i'd marry him ( a third time in almost a year? He's etiher nuts or REALLY in love with me i am thinking) and of course again the answer for the third time is yes. A month later (and yes exactly a month girls) we were at aJOP Chapel getting marrie dwih only 5 people there and they were our closest friends too. amd $100 bucks later we are married ( this included gettin g our marriage lic. too.
    And here iam still with him after 7 yrs of mariage and soon 8 yrs total of being together.
    :love
    I am here for the long haul!!!!!
    oh yeah an the only reason it was a JOP was the fact that the navy wasnt payingfor me to move to MI . they'd pay fo r hhim to move but not me....
    and in these almost 8 yrs total we have 3 beauitful kids.
    The END. well. not really
    Last edited by LuvNmyAO; 06-15-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typos n missed somethings
  3. Member
    Kevin was talking to me on a yahoo...pc-pc call. I had just gotten home from work and it was the middle of the night there in Iraq. He told me he couldn't sleep, because he just got off the phone with my parents. We chatted a few mins and he asked me if I would marry him. I told him, of course, someday I'd be glad to be his wife. since he had mentioned it before I didn't know he was asking me for real. When he told me that he was really asking and not joking, I started to cry and of course said yes!
  4. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a story yet but hopefully I will here in a couple of weeks. My honey just asked my parents last week if he has their approval and blessing to ask me to marry him. They of course said yes...soooooo....now

I love reading these stories though! Great thread!
  5. BLT= Brandon Loves Tiffany
    BLT= Brandon Loves Tiffany
    so im not engaged (yet) but it has been a big topic of discusion between DB and I. he cant keep secrets very well so one night he told me his entire plan for proposing... As soon as his 4 years is up...he was going to take me out to the place we were the night we finally became official. (on a huge rock at the bottom of a water fall at 12:35 at night...) then he had his whole speech which was gonna be something to the effect of. "I love you so much. you've been with me through all the good times and the bad. you've dealt with my bullshit for 6 years and now not even the united states navy can keep us apart. will you marry me?" I thought this would have been way cute but considering he told me everything from the time, place, and his speech I told him he's gotta come up with something else, haha!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    This might be long. So I was on my way to work (I had to be there at 8:00 a.m.) I always called John before I went to work and he always sounded the normal sleepy. So I called him and he sounded like he normally did. I got to work (at the time I worked at my parents hotel that they own.) I came in and the person that worked before me told me I had to go check some rooms that it had gotten crazy last night and he had to change some rooms around (I was not happy about this.) So I go to check the first room, room 120. So I open the door and then I look in and I look down and there is a toilet paper trail that leads around the corner...every possible thought goes through my head "what if there is someone dead over there, or some one thats going to try to rape me..." So I almost just turned around and left and then I thought no I need to see if the bed is messed up or not so I look around the corner and there is John on one knee with my ring and he says something like "you followed the trail to my heart.. will you marry me?" All I could say is "whered you park your car?" Eventually I think I said yes...But I just couldn't figure out where his car was lol. It was so cute and sweet. He had to get up like 6:30 to get there before I got there. I always told him he would never surprise me, but he did! It was the bestest. I love that man so much!
  7. Senior Member
    awww such beautiful stories ladies
    congratulations to you all

KEEP EM' COMING!
  8. Senior Member
    My df had just gotten home from basic and hand been home a couple days, so he was going around and seeing all the family and friends, and catching up. It was my birthday, and I had to work all stinkin day, and i didnt feel good. So I came home, and he came out to my house. He was stting on the couch with a birthday card that said "my future wife". But, I didnt think a lot about it because he always called me that. He had me a present to, but im not even sure what it was now haha. But anyways, i told him i wasnt feeling good and so i wanted to go to my room. He told me to just lay down and we would cuddle. We were laying there and hes holding my hands and starts messing with my fingers... then he takes my hand and starts to slip the ring on and says "baby i love you, and i want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me!?!". So obviously it was dark in my room, and i couldnt see. So, I just thought he was kidding around, so i didnt say anything. Then he was like baby... and I was like OMG your for real!!??! and i burst into tears and said yes, and then yelled at him to turn on the light so i could see my beautiful ring
  9. Am
    We aren't engaged yet but I'm predicting before Christmas. He has "proposed" once before though and since I'm bored and love telling the story, here goes:

I went to a party my freshman year of college and a friend of mine visiting from home got mad at me. He picked a random guy (now DB) and told him that I had been talking about him all night as my friend was leaving the apartment. Now DB got up the nerve to come talk to me and it turned out we actually had a lot in common. We ended up talking all night and really hit it off. He disappeared for a few minutes and when he came back, he dropped to one knee and proposed to me with a foil ring he had just fashioned. I of course said yes and we were "engaged" for the rest of the night. We weren't officially dating until three weeks later but we've been in love ever since that first night...damn I miss that boy. :love
  10. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    We got engaged October 15th, 2007. Just about 3 weeks previously, I had been to his BCT graduation, and just KNEW we were about to break up (I didn't know when I went about them not being allowed to show affection, so I was freaked out!). We had talked about getting engaged over Christmas sometime when he'd be home, and he had written a letter to my dad asking for his blessing while he was in basic.

One weekend, he called as my mom and I were going out of town. He asked to speak to my mom, and from what she was saying, I knew he was talking about a proposal. I still thought it was at Christmas though. However, that weekend he was acting really strangely.

Monday at school (I taught 3rd grade), during our conference time, I got called to a meeting for all the 3rd grade teachers. As I walked down, I noticed all of my co-workers in the hall, which was unusual, and then as I got further, I saw roses. I knew instantly they were mine, but I didn't think anything more of it. I opened up the card. "Will you marry me?" I flipped out! His mom (since he wasn't able to) had called the school that morning and asked the secretary to get everyone in on it, and they took pictures for him to have later and everything.

Later that day, my students helped me make a big sign that said YES that we took a picture of and sent to him too! The ring came by Friday, through the mail too! I wouldn't have had it any other way, and in fact, it was the perfect way for me, because I was always so scared by the idea of some spectacle of him being on one knee in public!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast