Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Does anyone else have this problem with their SO??

1. Senior Member

Does anyone else have this problem with their SO??

Advertisements
    My husband has the memory of an elephant. He cant remember ANYTHING. He has forgotten my birthday TWO years in a row. He is late for work, bc he forgets to set his alarm. He forgets to take his meds. He forgets things he compromises on in our relationship. The list goes on more than this. He tries to put it off as he really does have a bad memory. He forgets to make important phone calls, appts, etc. Am I the only one with a SO with only half a brain? Im pickin up the slack lol. And its hard to know what he has to do in Iraq...especially when he forgets before he tells me. He forgets id, wallet, beret, other mil items if he needs it for the day. Im trying to figure out what to do about this. i cant keep up with everything for him, myself, and my two kids. Its wayyyyyy too much....

Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_wife_n_mom View Post
    My husband has the memory of an elephant. He cant remember ANYTHING. He has forgotten my birthday TWO years in a row. He is late for work, bc he forgets to set his alarm. He forgets to take his meds. He forgets things he compromises on in our relationship. The list goes on more than this. He tries to put it off as he really does have a bad memory. He forgets to make important phone calls, appts, etc. Am I the only one with a SO with only half a brain? Im pickin up the slack lol. And its hard to know what he has to do in Iraq...especially when he forgets before he tells me. He forgets id, wallet, beret, other mil items if he needs it for the day. Im trying to figure out what to do about this. i cant keep up with everything for him, myself, and my two kids. Its wayyyyyy too much....

Anyone else have this problem?
    Yep my X was just like that finally got diagnosed with adult ADHD and meds helped him ALOT!!!

But uh Elephants NEVER forget sooooooooooooooo I think you used the wrong metaphor
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I finally stopped accepting that line from my DH and slowly but surely it's worked. I still have a better memory, but he remembers things now too. I had to organize him though. I got him a basket to place everything in for work, a planner he had to write everything in and check, a note pad to write things we had discussed down in, and a watch. I pretty much had to nag to get things done for a while, and if he failed he suffered the consequences. I also bought him a dictionary, puzzles and puzzle books, and other books to read to increase his problem solving and vocab. It has worked wonders and I take none of the credit. He did it all, I just pushed and gave him the tools.
    Hope it gets better.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.