Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions?

1. Senior Member

Any suggestions?

Advertisements
    Ok, here's the story. DH and I have had a wonderful relationship, and we still do, but lately the hours that we works (15-18 hours a day, between 5 and 6 days a week) have really put a strain on our relationship. We've been arguing like crazy the last few months and we were never really prone to arguments before. We survived a deployment, but now I feel like we're losing the connection that we had. I know that we probably need some alone time (i.e. hire a babysitter for our son for a night), but DH is always so tired we don't ever do it. Does anyone have any suggestions to help get our relationship back to the way it was before? I hate things being this way
  2. Senior Member
    leave little notes around the house or send texts randomly saying little things you love about him...

that's all i got so far...

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    leave little notes around the house or send texts randomly saying little things you love about him...

that's all i got so far...
    Thats a great idea. Maybe take a vacation day if you have one...
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. Regular Member
    I'm in Cincinnati. DB stationed in San Diego serving in Iraq
    i leave notes in random places in DB's barracks when i visit. i left him a note that said "i love you" in his desk and in his underwear drawer one that said "cant wait til we get these off again" haha
  5. MegLoves
    you can also do what i did when he was in bootcamp and
    i wrote a journal everyday and and the end of my entries i had a reason why i loved him
    and i gave him the journal and he cried!
  6. Senior Member
    I agree with the writing little notes idea. That's cute. You could also send cute text messages, or maybe an email and you could both check them at work? Or, you could instant message if you both work somewhere with a computer.

If you are too tired to go out at night, could you meet for a lunch date maybe? Or get up early one day and have a nice breakfast alone?
    ~Jessie~

7. Senior Member
    I know you said your DH is tired at night and doens't want to go out, but I think you should try to convince him to go out on a "date". Plan something sweet and romantic - maybe something that would remind the both of you of when you would go out on dates before you were married. I understand he is tired but I think it could rejuvenate him and your relationship if you could just have a nice night out together.

If that does work, then you should plan on having a date night every other week or once a month month so you can catch up and reconnect.

I hope things get better for you both.
  8. Senior Member
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions!
  9. jenniferleanne

Love

Another thing that has worked for me since he doesn't feel like going out is having a date in. Hire a babysitter, cook his favorite dinner, have his favorite beer waiting for him, and give him the best massage he's ever had! Surely that will relieve some of his stress and he will see all the effort you put into it! Hope it helps!
  10. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Have a spa night at your house. Have someone take your kiddo to their house for a night and do candles and massages and baths and things like that for each other. It would allow you to still be home and relaxed, but spending quality time together and he would also be resting since he's so tired! And of course the happy ending!!

All relationships go through off phases though!!! You'll get through this!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast