Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: TMI, but I need help!!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Bang Head TMI, but I need help!!!

Advertisements
    Ok... I know that I might get into TMI territory, but I need some help...

Ok... DF and I were planning on getting married on May 2nd, but now, he isn't able to leave that weekend. So, the weekend before that is completely booked with other family functions, so now we're looking at two weeks before that, April 18th. 32 days!!! My only problem is... i'm supposed to get my period two days before we're gonna get married. We've been together for almost 3 years and we decided that we wanted to wait until we get married to have sex, so not having sex is definitely not an option. I'm on bc pills, and I know that I read somewhere that if you skip your last week of pills that you should skip your period. Is that true and is it safe? Is there anything else I can do? I'm desperate for any help!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yes just skip the iron/sugar pills and continue taking active pills it is perfectly safe
  3. Senior Member
    You can skip your period by not taking the "sugar" pills.. and starting the next pack of pills... The only thing is that your next period may be a bit screwy, late or whatever... Just don't try to skip it all the time and you should be fine!! Congrats!
    Mrs. Villanueva
    [/CENTER]
  4. Meleana21
    Yes, it is safe...but be prepared just incase it doesn't work.
  5. Senior Member
    What the ladies have said it is safe. One the day you are suppose to start the placebo pills just start a new pack. Occasionally a little slight spotting will occur because you body is confused but it doesn't always happen.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to cry non-stop if I get it... this sucks, but this is the only way we'll be married before he starts his next school and he'll probably be deployed right after this school is done... GRR!!!
  7. Senior Member
    The ladies have it right as always!! But I just wanted to throw out there WAY TO WAIT!!! Good luck with your wedding!
  8. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    I agree with the rest of the girls, you should be fine. Good luck with everything!!!!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  9. ZX7Rgirl
    Alright, my first question is are you on a mono-phasic type of BC pill, or a tri-cyclic?

Example, mono-phasic is OrthoEvra, and tri-cyclic is Ortho TriCyclen-Lo. If you are on a MONO-PHASIC pill then yes, you can safely and successfully skip the placebo pills and start on a new pack with no forseen problems.

However, if you are on a tri-cyclic pill, then you can't skip the placebos to not have your period. It will upset the balance of your hormones and you will quite possibly still have your period.

I'd consult your OB/GYN or primary care doctor to see what your options are. They can help you!

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  10. Senior Member
    I'm really proud of you for waiting!!!

You can succesfully skip the placebo pills and "not" have a period. I have done it on multiple kinds of pills and sometimes I have spotting.

If you have until May, I would recommend taking pills so you "don't" have a period in March or April that way if you're screwy and spotting it won't be during your period and that will knock you period to the week before you get married. I think my math is right on that, but you can always count your pills to tell!!

that's what I do if I have "important" things and really really don't want my period or any spotting, I use the months before to get it in synch.