Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Engaged!!??

1. Senior Member

Confused Engaged!!??

Advertisements
    Ok so most of you know I am prego right now and my DB comes home for R&R about the time she is born. We have talked about getting married nonstop but the other night he asked if I could plan a wedding in three months. I kinda laughed. I said um sure maybe?!?? Well I AM LOST! I figure I am only getting married once so i want to do it the right way. I dont want a huge wedding but something nice and something that we can both be happy with. He has thrown out hints so many times that he is going to ask on R&R even to the extent of having me look at rings online and get back to him about exactly what i want and like! But now I am not so sure and I really dont want to know when he is going to ask. I kinda want to be shocked or suprised. If I were to expect it then it might suck if he didnt do it when I wanted. Our plan is move in together shortly after he is done in Iraq. That three month question really threw me off. He said it was just to make sure we could live together and that was what we really wanted. I am so confused I really dont want to try to plan a wedding in 3 months. I helped with my sisters and it took us no less then about 10 months. So any input would be great! I am lost as you can well tell.
  2. Senior Member
    If you aren't ready for this or don't want to do it this way, then let him know. You have your whole lives to get married and be together. MyDB kinda caught that same bug over there (the "lets get married and have kinds NOW" bug"). I let him know that I wanna stick to our original plan and eventually he got over it.
    But will say that its so great that he is so excited to marry you!! Good luck
  3. autumnh
    Let him know how you feel, don't rush into it! DB is trying to do the same thing but theres no way I'm planning a wedding while I'm preggo! We're thinking of doing JOP when he comes home then doing a larger ceremony later...or just waiting and doing the larger ceremony soon after the twins are here. It CAN be done in 3 months but I wouldn't recommend it while preggo, you don't need anymore stress on top of deployment & pregnancy!
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks for the input! Dont get me wrong I want to marry him more then anything but I dont want to feel like I am at a sprint down the isle. I love him very much and I would not mind if he asked when he was home on R&R cause it gives me plenty of time to really think about it and how I want to plan it. But if he is to wait and ask and want it done in three months I can be fast but not surper girl! I dont expect anything to go as I plan for it to as I have well learned with this pregnancy but I do want that element of shock cause i did not know right when it would happen. Thanks for any feedback I get!
  5. loving life
    loving life
    Blog Entries
    i have to agree too....tell him how you feel...cause maybe he's thinking that you are okay with eveything he says when you are not....kwim?