Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The patch.. just some help please!

1. Senior Member

The patch.. just some help please!

Advertisements
    Ok i was just reading a thread about "pulling out" and i didnt want to steal the thread so i made my own.
    well me and my husband don't "pull out" and dont use condoms.. but i do use the patch.. i was taking the pill for a few months after i gave birth and it worked fine but i forgot to take it alot so 2 weeks ago i got the patch.
    i was just wondering why you guys "pull out".. is it because birth control doesn't work sometimes? or is it because you guys aren't using birth control?
    im trying to get an understanding here because i dont want to be using this birth control but i still have to take other precautions ya know?
    i don't know much about the patch but what the military doctor told me: just put it on for 3 weeks, 3 patches for 3 weeks and thats it. they never go into detail with me and i feel like an idiot if i ask questions.
    so yeah.. i just don't know..
    and i don't know what the right question is to ask!! ha ha ha!
    so i guess give me your thoughts i guess!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Some people use NFP or natural family planning. Basically you don't use contraception but rather rely on your body to tell you when not to have sex and when to have sex, also some people do use the pull out method which can be effective when using NFP.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    Some people use NFP or natural family planning. Basically you don't use contraception but rather rely on your body to tell you when not to have sex and when to have sex, also some people do use the pull out method which can be effective when using NFP.
    i dont understand the natural family planning can you explain it more please? how do you know when to have sex and when not to?
    also why do people do that is it better or healthier?
  4. Senior Member
    Not much help about your actual question, but the doctors I worked with stopped prescribing the patch because of the high risk of blood clotts associated with it. Just though I would make you aware
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armyfiancee View Post
    Not much help about your actual question, but the doctors I worked with stopped prescribing the patch because of the high risk of blood clotts associated with it. Just though I would make you aware
    really?! are you sure the cases that got blood clots werent genetics? or was it people in general?
  6. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeyofASouljah View Post
    really?! are you sure the cases that got blood clots werent genetics? or was it people in general?
    You get 66% more hormone with they patch which makes it more dangerous. There have been many cases of death and even more of clots. For a short while the patch was taken offthe market.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeyofASouljah View Post
    i dont understand the natural family planning can you explain it more please? how do you know when to have sex and when not to?
    also why do people do that is it better or healthier?
    Basically the same as if you were trying to get preggo, you temp watch your CM that way you can track when you are ovulating so that you don't have sex during that window of ovulation. here is one of many sites about it. I know my own body so when I am not on BC i can figure out when to and not to have sex. one of the perks of being in tune with yourself so to speak
    http://www.nfpandmore.org/

I will miss you SOS...

8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by armyfiancee View Post
    yup i have heard the same thing. And if you smoke the risk is even higher.

I will miss you SOS...

9. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    My doctor made me stop taking the patch a while ago.. I guess they are using it again, but he strongly advised me to switch to something else..
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  10. Darushka
    Oy, the patch made me so sick. I'd say get the Nuva Ring - much safer and easier to use.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast