Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did he propose?

1. Senior Member

How did he propose?

Advertisements
    If you're engaged or married, how did your SO propose? I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy today
    DH proposed to me when he was on Block Leave, On Christmas Eve.He asked me in front of his whole family, and as I was a bit self conscious due to our age difference, my mind went blank, and instead of saying yes, I stroked his cheek and said..."Aww, you shaved for me".(Because he always refuses to shave when he's on leave. Way to ruin a romantic moment, eh?
    I'da married him the next day, but my mom made me wait til I turned 18, lol.
    Thank you Brentscrystal!

2. Patiently waiting....
    Patiently waiting....
    haha! "aww you shaved!" how funny! The "official" proposal with the ring was 10 days before the wedding cause he was on leave! I took him to the house and he got in the trunk and took out his bag, unzipped the bag and pulled out the ring and gave it to me...I think he said something like "will you be my wifey?" lol yeah...it's sooo romantic I know
  3. Senior Member
    Mine proposed without a ring right before he sat down to put on his socks! lol

It wasn't like this huge planned out romantic thing, but it's a day I will never forget and it's definately US!!! lol

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crumper07 View Post
    haha! "aww you shaved!" how funny! The "official" proposal with the ring was 10 days before the wedding cause he was on leave! I took him to the house and he got in the trunk and took out his bag, unzipped the bag and pulled out the ring and gave it to me...I think he said something like "will you be my wifey?" lol yeah...it's sooo romantic I know
    I had to read this twice. When you said got in the trunk, I actually thought he got in the trunk..and was trying to figure out why, lol.
    Thank you Brentscrystal!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My DF proposed with a ring I always wear. We were laying in bed watching tv. Not how I always imagined it, but perfect for us.
  6. *Live well, Laugh often, Love everyday*
    *Live well, Laugh often, Love everyday*
    His proposal was a spur of the moment kinda thing..We were lying in bed & he just asked "Will You Marry Me"..Shocked & confused, I told him that if he could remember in the morning what he had asked me, I would answer him..Needless to say, he got up at 5 am & asked me again..We were married 2 months later we were married.
  7. Senior Member
    Christmas Eve at dinner with my family. We were at a nice restaraunt and he said he had an announcement to make when everyone was done eating. He got down on one knee and said since it was Christmas time, and people give gifts at Christmas time, he wanted to give me a special gift. He opened up the ring box and asked me to marry him!
    ~Jessie~

8. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Dh proposed on this pier...we were walking and he dropped on one knee and say I dont have anything fancy planned but I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You will make me the happiest man alive if you will be my wife. I started to cry and he said WELLLLLLLLLLLL. WOW 12 years ago! WOW!!!
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It was Christmas day and we were opening christmas presents. He told me he would hold our daughter, who was 2 months old, so I could open mine. I gave him socks and hershey's with almonds candy bars... and he had hugged me and said "socks... just what I needed." and he started eating one of his candy bars when he handed me a box wrapped badly. I opened it and inside was a smaller box, and I opened it and inside was a piece of crumpled up paper. I uncrumpled the paper and it said "will you marry me?" He was sitting in the floor with our daughter on his knee. I looked at him and he pulled out a ring. It was the cutest, most thoughtful thing he had ever done. We got married 3 months later.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  10. TheHeartOfOrion
    Awww some of these stories make me feel all bubbly inside. My hubby propsed to me twice. Once when we were just laying there talking about our dream jobs. And he smiled at me and said. "Hunny I have a surprise for you." He got up went into his gunsafe, hiding from me what he was doing, and walked back. He wrestled me and pined me to our bed and was grinning goofily. He slid the ring on my finger and let me go. When I saw the ring I almost cried. He asked me to marry him, and to stay by his side for the rest of our lives. How could I say no? It was odd but it suited us.

The second time occured AFTER he decided to join the Marines. He randomly stopped while we were in the mall and he got down on his knees and asked me, if I would still marry him, as a future Marine. We were married ten days later.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast