Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Etiquette question/ kind of?

1. Regular Member

Etiquette question/ kind of?

Advertisements
    I am thinking about wedding plans, and I thought it would be fun to rent a vacation house in SC for the family so like a 5 bedroom place and we could all stay there for a week and sometime during that week we would get married.

Do you think it's rude to ask the family to pitch in on the house? It would cost a lot more than renting a hotel, but I look at it as a week of vacation. I'm only talking immediate family.

it would be during the summer, but I know a few people would have to take off of work, is it rude to ask for a week of their summer
  2. SimpleIntent
    I don't think it's rude. And if they're immediate family they probably won't mind and will understand.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I agree.
  4. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang06 View Post
    I am thinking about wedding plans, and I thought it would be fun to rent a vacation house in SC for the family so like a 5 bedroom place and we could all stay there for a week and sometime during that week we would get married.

Do you think it's rude to ask the family to pitch in on the house? It would cost a lot more than renting a hotel, but I look at it as a week of vacation. I'm only talking immediate family.

it would be during the summer, but I know a few people would have to take off of work, is it rude to ask for a week of their summer
    LOL finally something I'm good at. I had 4 years of classes on this stuff and how to be a lady. If you invite them to the cabin for a week then yes it would be rude to then ask them to halp pay. Now if you were to say something like "hey why don't we tke a family vaction to such and such and we can split the cost of the cabin." that would be fine, not rude at all.
    Siggy under construction!!!