Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Wedding Date!!!

1. Senior Member

Confused Help with Wedding Date!!!

Advertisements
    So me and my man are wanting to get married soon. He leaves for Navy boot camp on June 5th. When do you guys suggest is the best time to get married. Many people have told me the best time is his 10 day leave after A School. But.... they also say that those 10 days are not guaranteed and I really need an exact date for inventions and all. PLEASE HELP! =[
  2. Senior Member
    i would want to do it before bootcamp if i were you!!! at least you know that date...after that, he belongs to the navy and you may never know dates again!!!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. Senior Member
    Well, JMHO The 10 days are definitely not a sure thing. If it were me I would get married before he goes. I just think it would make things easier.
  4. Senior Member
    We were wanting to have a pretty good size wedding, like 200 people. I just don't think it is possible in that short of time.This is so stressful!
  5. Senior Member
    i think it is totally possible if you have people willing to help!!! i got a great book on how to plan your dream wedding in 4 months or less!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  6. Senior Member

Hello

thanks girls!
  7. army_girl_20
    I'd say either do it before he leaves for boot or try and put in for leave (not sure how it works in Navy, sorry) just AFTER A-school and do it then...
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would have the wedding before he leaves...that way you know for certain that he will be around...it will be alot of work to put it together this fast...but you can do it!! just get started like NOW good luck!
    MJM
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    i would want to do it before bootcamp if i were you!!! at least you know that date...after that, he belongs to the navy and you may never know dates again!!!
    i agree. if there is anything that i have learned from my DB is that scheduling is unreliable and you can never plan anything.
  10. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorsGirl View Post
    We were wanting to have a pretty good size wedding, like 200 people. I just don't think it is possible in that short of time.This is so stressful!
    I planned our dream wedding in 45 days and had just under 100 people. I even had two dates set at one point because the Navy was flip flopping on his leave dates. It is possible and it didn't cost an arm and a leg either. If you need some help feel free to PM me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast