Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Weekly Rituals?

1. Senior Member

Smile Weekly Rituals?

Advertisements
    I was wondering if anyone had any weekly rituals for yourself and your SO that you do together religiously (movies, dancing, etc)?

Hubby and I have never lived together, but we are very excited about getting our little household started. I was thinking of something we could do every week that would be regarded as our 'together' time. I was thinking that we could have a dinner date type thing but instead of going out, we stay in and cook the meal ourselves (maybe on a saturday night) and we do everything up real nice, lay out the fancy silverwear and the whole shebang!

I think this would be cool because hubby doesn't know how to cook at ALL. It would kill a few birds with one stone:

1. We'd spend the whole afternoon/evening together
    2. We'd pick new recipies every week and do 3 courses.
    3. He'd learn how to cook

What do you think? and does anybody already have a ritual?
  2. stronger and stronger every day
    stronger and stronger every day
    when DB was here, he lived not too far away from tons of restaraunts and such.
    usually either saturday afternoons (lunch) or sunday dinner we'd walk to one of them which was always an adventure but fun.

rituals are fun and yours sound great....I think I may have to work on incorporating that one when Charles comes home.
  3. Senior Member
    I think together time is awesome! It gives you something to look forward to...

Every saturday morning, I make waffles and after breakfast we sit on the couch until 10am watching Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy under a blanket..
  4. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    I think together time is awesome! It gives you something to look forward to...

Every saturday morning, I make waffles and after breakfast we sit on the couch until 10am watching Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy under a blanket..
    Now that is cute!! Hmmm....now I'm starting to think about what we could start when we finally get a chance!! I think we'd be good at Saturday breakfasts.....hmmm...
  5. Fact: bears eat beets.
    Fact: bears eat beets.
    Before he left last summer, we would get take-out Chinese food for dinner and watch the Office every Thursday night! It was the best habit ever! Now I can't hear the Office theme song without having a craving for Chinese food!
  6. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    Well it's not a weekly ritual or anything, but it is something that we somehow got to doing without really thinking about it. When we were dating, anytime that we would go visit his mom or he would go stay at my parents house, whoever's house we were at would tuck the other one into bed. We had only been dating for about a month when I went and stayed at his mom's house for a weekend with him, I nearly cried when he came in that first night and tucked me in.....and now it's just one of our things!
    Last edited by thekels9; 03-04-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Typo!