Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is a good age

1. Senior Member

What do you think is a good age

Advertisements
    What do you think is a good age to get married and what are the factors you base it on??
  2. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    I am curious to see everyone answers. I got married when I was 22. I didnt think that was bad. I just wanted to wait for children. We started dating when I was 18.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't think there is a "right age" it depends on the couple, the maturity level etc. But for me I think 24 or 25 is good for me
  4. Senior Member
    I think it depends on each couple....you can't just set a *right* age. I know that I don't want to get married until I'm established (Finish College, SECURE Job, money to support ourselves) I wouldn't mind getting engaged right now but I know I have a few more years before I would feel *ready* to be married.
  5. Senior Member
    I think 25. By then you have had your fun and a lot of life experiences and you're mature. (well, for most people) I changed a LOT between 18-21 and then from 21-24. I think by 25 I had settled down and knew exactly what I wanted and was independent.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I personally, don't think there is a "right" age to get married. I got married at 18, and my husband and I are still as much in love as we were on day 1. People told us we would never make it. We have lasted longer than some of those people did. I also know people to got married at 40 who didn't work out. I think it has to do with being mature enough and responsible enough. Age doesn't matter.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    For me, I KNOW I wanted to get married before 30, because I knew I wanted kids...
  8. Senior Member
    Well, I'm 25 and unmarried and while I'm at a point where I would like to be moving in that direction with my life, I can't imagine getting married younger than this! I feel like I'm finally settling into life and who I am...the late teens and early 20s were periods of SUCH huge change for me and most people I know. I'm not the same person and I don't want the same things as I did when I was 18-21...knowing me then and me now, there's no one I was interested in then who would be someone I would want to be married to now. Plus, marriages at 25 and older have a much lower divorce rate than younger marriages (especially those in the teens or very early 20s). I think it can work for some people, especially those who've been together for a very long time already by their early 20s, so I don't think there's any rule. But I think that people who get married younger sometimes come off as very idealistic and just don't believe they will change and grow apart, so I think there are a lot of people who should rethink it! Obviously there are plenty of young marriages that last, but there are so many that don't, that it indicates that younger people don't necessarily always have the right frame of mind about it.
  9. stronger and stronger every day
    stronger and stronger every day
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I personally, don't think there is a "right" age to get married. I got married at 18, and my husband and I are still as much in love as we were on day 1. People told us we would never make it. We have lasted longer than some of those people did. I also know people to got married at 40 who didn't work out. I think it has to do with being mature enough and responsible enough. Age doesn't matter.
    I completely agree with you on all of that. Many people told my parents that they would never make it. Now here they are 35 years later going strong.

People are always changing and evolving and learning about themselves and others.It all depends on the person and the level they are at to be able to handle marriage and situations.
  10. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    I think it just depends on the couple. For me, the right time was 23.....right before I turned 24.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast