Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: another thread about rings :)

1. Senior Member

another thread about rings :)

Advertisements
    Keep reading, this is going to sound evil at 1st:

I know how much DB spent on his ex not-so-dear fiance's ring. I used to think that I needed one that was more expensive than hers. I guess to prove something

THEN DB and I decided that he was going to buy me a nice wedding band rather than an expensive engagement ring. The budget is around $4,000-$6,000. Being a rational person, DB wasn't exactly thrilled about this amount, but is willing to spend that kind of money, especially since this is something I'm going to be wearing for the rest of my life.

I've been thinking a lot lately about it & reading posts on here about rings & the advice that's been given to ladies on here. I'm starting to think that I just want two simple wedding bands. One white gold & one yellow gold so i'll have one to wear with whatever color jewelry i'm wearing that day. I think wearing a big diamond would get on my nerves too, and this just seems like the most sensible option for us because it's not like either one of us are rolling in the money. That should be fairly inexpensive I think. If we're hard up for $, I don't want to look at my finger & feel guilty, KWIM?

What should I say to him? how do i bring it up? I just want a band to show i'm committed in marriage. I don't want to have to play the game with my friends of who has the most expensive ring or to put a price tag on love. I still kinda want a sappy proposal though
    All of my heart is in Iraq!

12 months down. A few more days to go. One Man Worth the Wait!
  2. Kiss Me Through The Phone!
    Kiss Me Through The Phone!
    I think you should just tell him, hey, why don't we keep that extra couple thousand bucks and just get wedding bands instead. I don't see why ANYONE would object to something less expensive. you're right there shouldn't be a price tag on love. It's not how much he spends on your ring....clearly he spent a lot of money on his ex fiance's ring and you see where that ended up. (no I'm not saying that all expensive rings lead to destruction!) But I guess next time y'all start talking about rings bring it up, I'm sure he'll be happy! I know my db would be at least!

Good luck!

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanoony View Post
    I think you should just tell him, hey, why don't we keep that extra couple thousand bucks and just get wedding bands instead. I don't see why ANYONE would object to something less expensive. you're right there shouldn't be a price tag on love. It's not how much he spends on your ring....clearly he spent a lot of money on his ex fiance's ring and you see where that ended up. (no I'm not saying that all expensive rings lead to destruction!) But I guess next time y'all start talking about rings bring it up, I'm sure he'll be happy! I know my db would be at least!

Good luck!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    why not just buy a ring that has a mix of gold and silver so it goes with everything and get it engraved....dont keep up with anyone else...its all about the 2 of you....
  5. Mommy of two sweet girls!
    Mommy of two sweet girls!
    My engagment ring did not cost much, but it was something he picked out himself and surprise me with it. I actually lost the original one and he searched around and found the exact one. It would of broke his heart if i told him i wanted a bigger and expensive one. Now that we have been married a long while i told him that on our tenth anniversay i will upgrade the diamond. He doesn't seem to mind at all.
    Gina~

My Bella!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    As long as you're fine with not having an engagement ring, I think it's totally fine and you should just tell him. You can use the extra money towards your honeymoon or something special
  7. Senior Member
    My ring was about half the cost of what he spent on his ex fiance. At first I was a little upset thinking how could you spend all of that on her but you don't think I even rate that much. Then I got to thinking about it and realized at the time we didn't have a ton of money to spend. Plus I got to pick out the ring that I wanted. Of course it isn't over the top and grand but it is nice and it suits me. I always just joke that in 20 years I get an upgrade when we can afford it. Then a really good friend of mine got engaged after we were married and her DH spent $9k on her ring!!!! I was jealous at first thinking man I wish my ring looked that nice. Then yet again I thought about and decided you know what yeah I wish I had a ring like that but I wouldn't want to start my marriage in debt either.

I would just suggest to him that you spend the extra money for the wedding or to go towards your honeymoon....something like that. I don't think he will have any problem with that. Instead of two bands I would try to find one that incorporates both yellow and white gold. It might be a little more expinsive to combine but you will be paying that anyhow to get two rings.
  8. Senior Member
    Just tell him what you want. He will be so happy, I promise you. I picked out my ring and it is just a wide criss-cross band that has a row of small diamonds in it and believe me, I get so many compliments on it. My sister, who has a big rock on her finger cannot stand all the compliments
    It is not bad to spend more money, but if it doesn't really go with your budget, than save the money for soemthing more important. You will not regret that decision. What matters is what the ring represents.