Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The day of mother drama....

1. Senior Member

Mad The day of mother drama....

Advertisements
    This is a bit long and 1/2 venting...thanks for reading!

DB and I are planning on getting married when he gets home. And we picked out the ring (Ohhh its so pretty!!) and were starting to get so excited and now...Its drama freaking city. My mom hates his mom and doesn't want us together. His mom is a bit annoying but really a good person and tottally supportive. His dad and his mom hate each other then add the step monster into the mix. Lets make a really long story short his Step mom today let him know that if we had the wedding at his mom as we planned that they (Her and his dad) would not come. (Having his dad there was so important and this makes me so sad) What the hell is wrong with people. We are having a small wedding in the yard nothing crazy but simple and sweet. Does it really take so much just to suck it up so you can participate in these moments. Then she proceeds to bash me (She's met me once..and I was sooo nice to her I don't think there is anything else I could have done to try to get her to like me) She's very manipulative and started asking him why he wants to get married and what his motives were...MOTIVES??? WTF! Im excited, this is all I want. I don't care about all the details we just want to be happy about this like we should be. But instead I'm so stressed out. Between her and even worse the way my mom is acting I'm so disapointed in the people around me. I can't wait till he comes home!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    damn that sucks so bad, I'm sorry when parents act like that, they should be able to put their differences aside for one day for this kids, but other than that all I have to say is
  3. Fact: bears eat beets.
    Fact: bears eat beets.
    I'm sorry you have to deal with that. So much drama involved in weddings...
  4. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    That's terrible! They're all acting like children. I'm sorry they're being like that!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBlue505 View Post
    That's terrible! They're all acting like children. I'm sorry they're being like that!
    This is all I can think about all parts of the situation. We want them to be happy for us but if they can't just suck it up and be civil. Thats all I ask! We will see...
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry! I HATE IT when I hear stories like this..it's SO common..it's how ex df's mom was too.
    I'm glad you're not letting it get in the way of your plans, though. I'm glad you two are confidant in your love and are getting married when you see fit no matter what. Good for you!!!
  7. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Elope

My little Loves!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwoodmom View Post
    Elope
    That word has been thrown around a little. But I have such a great relationship with his Mom I would hate for the one person that wants to part of it to miss it. He just needs to get his but home so I have some back up when I tell them all where to put it. LOL