Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? about reception food

1. SOLDIERS GIRL
    SOLDIERS GIRL
    Blog Entries

Question ? about reception food

Advertisements
    what kind of food should i serve or have at my reception to eat?i really dont know what to make.my fiance was thinking about having it kind of like a buffet so you have a veriety of food and you can get as much as you want. its not going to be a big wedding.just a small simple wedding.with maybe 40 or less people.can anyone think of any food i could make a list of to make? it would really help
  2. Senior Member
    hm you should come up with a theme and go from there like BBQ or finger food or something what do you and your fiance like to eat?

3. Senior Member
    If its a small gathering you can always cook for the wedding. If you do that I would shop at costco. Chicken is a good across the board food. Fruit too...ummm Rice Pilaf, dinner rolls....I cant think rigth now but if i think of more I'll post again!
  4. Senior Member
    I would decide on a "theme" first. Do you just want to do things like appetizers and finger foods or are you interested in a full meal? If you want finger foods things that are always good are veggies, fruits, cocktail shrimp, meatballs....things along those lines. For a full meal I think starting off with a salad is a good idea. For sides steamed veggies, seasoned potatos, rice, or things along those lines. For a meat I think chicken is probablly the easest to make for a large group of people. I would think of foods you enjoy eating plus foods your family enjoys.
  5. Senior Member
    I would recommend going to GFS (Gordon Food Service).
  6. Senior Member
    We were originally doing sandwiches. Now we are doing chicken and meatballs. You could easily do sloppy joes or something. With a small wedding you have lots of wonderful options!

*Thank you Valarie!!*

7. Senior Member
    Might be nice to do like "stations" buffet style. Carved turkey & Ham, then maybe come pasta then a table of sides and a table of desserts. That way maybe you can do a lot of it ahead of time if you are going to try to do it yourself. I would get my bridesmaid involved in bringing a side if you are gonna try to do food without a catering service
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    At our reception we had about 50 people and we just did a lot of "appetizer" type foods... we had meatballs, sausages, cheese and crackers, fruit, chicken salad sandwich bites, pastries, and veggies. It worked out great. All our guests really liked the variety.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  9. Senior Member
    I'm thinking about a Sunday brunch kind of thing. Probably going to make it buffet as well.
  10. Senior Member
    here is my menu...chicken cordon bleu and vegetarian lasagna for our main dishes...then mashed baby red garlic potatoes and mixed veggies...salad and bread...

that's about it!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast