Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What an improvement!

1. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries

Cloud 9 What an improvement!

Advertisements
    We are in the work ups phase of the coming deployment, and today I got my first email from dh since returning to sea duty. I have to say, I am so very, very proud of him.

It was 3 paragraphs, and in actual paragraph form, and with complete sentences! He told me about how things were going, how he FELT about them, and what he was planning to do about them. He said some lovey dovey things, and asked about the dogs, and how my haircut went.

I can not even begin to describe how happy this makes me! Last deployment, if I got 2 sentences with even one punctuation mark, I felt lucky. If he told me anything other than 'work sucks miss you babe' I would have fallen out my chair.

3.5 years of shore duty, constantly working on our communication, and college course work have definitely made a huge difference in his ability to write me an email! And I am so friggin' grateful, I just can't tell you!

I'm in heaven. I really am. All my constant harping about writing what you mean, about proper grammar, about saying something REAL... it's paying off. Heaven, seriously, heaven.
  2. Senior Member
    Awwww, that is awesome! Glad you got a great e-mail! Hope he keeps it up
  3. Jen
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    Blog Entries
  4. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by navyaowife2005 View Post
    Awwww, that is awesome! Glad you got a great e-mail! Hope he keeps it up
    That should be the intersting part! I know he'll get busy, and there will be long stretches of no emails at all since he's on a sub. But if he can just keep the quality up, even if they are short, I will be so grateful. To me, a writing freak, it means so much for him to put a little bit of effort into that.