Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: How many of you "just knew" vs. growing into the realization that he was "the one&quo

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew instantly

21 19.44%
  • I knew very soon after we met

54 50.00%
  • It took me a while, but now I'm sure.

24 22.22%
  • I still don't know...

5 4.63%
  • I don't believe we'll ever know

0 0%
  • Other (explain, of course!)

4 3.70%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Absence makes the heart grow fonder vs "I just knew"

1. Senior Member

Absence makes the heart grow fonder vs "I just knew"

Advertisements
    So I've noticed a lot of threads talking about "how you know you've found the one" and so on. Most of the people reply, "I just knew." I'm wondering if there are others that knew they loved their SO, but didn't realize he was "the one" (or whatever you'd like to call being "in love") until he left for training or was deployed.

That is kind of where I am. We've been dating for almost two and a half years and he's been gone for a few months at a time before. This time, now that he's in the real Army (and not ROTC), it's different. I've found that even though I loved him so much before, I wasn't sure that he was "the one." I don't really believe in the whole "only one person in the world for you" bit, but that's besides the point. I wasn't sure that he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Since the day that he left, something has changed. I realize my feelings are deeper and stronger. I don't have any more doubts. So my question is, how many people out there "just knew" he was the one immediately (or very soon after) and how many people kind of grew into it? What's the story behind it?
  2. fridaynightgirl
    Well, I knew very soon after we met. I would say instantly but I wouldn't have admitted it to myself (much less to anybody else) how this guy just knocked my socks off.

I think we dated for almost a year before I told him that I was in love with him. By then, I was so in to him it was almost ridiculous that I hadn't told him before. I'm so dang stubborn.

He had me at hello...
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    After 3 days of dating, I just knew that he was my missing link. Though at times, he drives me crazy but he makes me happy even when I want to be mad. It was the little things that gets me.

Especially lately, After reading my letters from him. I realize that I am very blessed to have him in my life.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

i think the longer we are together the more in love with him I am. I mean before I "thought" he was the man for me, but it was confirmed time and time again ever since then
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    well as soon as i saw him time stopped and my heart skipped a beat and from then on i tried and figured out who he was! two weeks later we started talking and starte dsaying we loved each other the first week... we've been in love eveer since... i just knew he was the one. as soon as i saw him that one day i told myself thats the boy im going to spend the rest of my life with...
  6. KaseyLee
    I have known DB all my life and just since he left for iraq we started dating. I know i love him but i wont know just how everything will go unti he is home. See we have never even kissed or looked into each others eyes in that way kwim!!!!!

The big homecoming is i 5 weeks!!!!

Oh yeah so i put still dont know!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Awww! All of these are so sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by fridaynightgirl View Post
    Well, I knew very soon after we met. I would say instantly but I wouldn't have admitted it to myself (much less to anybody else) how this guy just knocked my socks off.

I think we dated for almost a year before I told him that I was in love with him. By then, I was so in to him it was almost ridiculous that I hadn't told him before. I'm so dang stubborn.

He had me at hello...
    That's so cute!!!

You know, I have to admit I'm stubborn too. I think I was scared to examine my feelings too closely until I didn't have any other choice. We've been finishing each other's sentences for a loooong time now, and I can't imagine not being with him. So although I miss him, I guess this separation has forced me to examine my feelings and admit that I might just be human.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaseyLee View Post
    I have known DB all my life and just since he left for iraq we started dating. I know i love him but i wont know just how everything will go unti he is home. See we have never even kissed or looked into each others eyes in that way kwim!!!!!

The big homecoming is i 5 weeks!!!!
    Gah! That's so exciting!!! Good luck!
  9. Senior Member
    I knew a few months after dating that he was the one.
  10. Senior Member
    It's wasn't an instantaneous thing but I knew within a short while that he was the one for me.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast