Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: we came SO close

1. martiemullet

Thumb Down we came SO close

Advertisements
    so db told me that he had been planning to buy me an engagement ring and surprise me with it while he was home on leave. but he doesn't think we'll have enough money, and he doesn't know how he'd manage to buy one before he got here. plus, now he's told me about it and i'm kind of bummed that it won't be a surprise anymore if we decide to go ahead with it.

i mean, i don't want anything big or fancy, i don't even care if its a diamond or not. i kind of already figured that's what he wanted to save money for. but now that the surprise is ruined i dunno. it sucks. i still really want to go ahead and do the formal engagement... but he really wanted to surprise me, and i don't think he'll be happy unless he does things the way he thinks is "right"... blah.

being broke sucks. i was so looking forward to this.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    awwww...
    I dont know what to say
    Congrads on knowing that ur guy wants to marry you and he wants to do right by you
    who knows he may suprise you yet...
    [/URL]
    You're My Wife Select. You've been approved for the position you just have to go through the ceremony
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I went through the same thing. He couldn't afford a ring. He was so embarassed but I couldn't help but be disappointed. We are still engaged but just no ring. It sucks. I am sorry sweetie
  4. Senior Member
    That sucks..I know exactly how you feel. Maybe he could look into getting credit at a jewelry store or using his star card to make the ring purchase.
  5. Senior Member
    My ring was only $100.. its very small.. but its simple and I really like it.

You two will figure it out!

He loves you, thats what matters

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

6. Senior Member
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    To try and make you feel good

That is my engagement ring and wedding right in one. It isn't made of gold, it's sterling silver cost 40 bucks and is my favorite piece of jewelry I will ever own.
    We were poor when we got married (so not even kidding, we had no furniture, not a bed a couch nothing, our TV was on the floor we slept on the floor, we ate on the floor, nada). All we could afford was a cheap ring so we bought this one and I love it.
    We pulled ourselves out from being poor completely on our own and he has offered to get a new wedding band, or buy an engagement ring to add to it, but I have always declined, as this is the one for me. I think on our five year I will let him buy me something with a stone, but it's not the ring that matters it's whats in your heart, trust me.
  8. Porcelain..are you wasting away in your skin?
    Porcelain..are you wasting away in your skin?
    I understand how you feel... my DH and I put my ring on layaway at Helzberg and made payments, hehe. What makes it an engagement ring (and therefore, special to YOU) is that it is from him...so it shouldn't really matter what it looks like. And the surprise isn't that he is going to do it, it's the way he proposes. I knew he had the ring, but I didn't know where/when, that kinda thing.

You could have him get a really plain engagement ring (like, a band or even a different stone other than a diamond) and then get a nicer wedding ring. My wedding ring cost twice what my engagement ring did, just because it had more diamonds in it.

Try not to feel discouraged. It's not the proposal, or the wedding, for that matter, that really counts. It's the marriage after that. Take care.
    Sad, sad, sad. Pathetic, actually.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Colplaykat View Post
    To try and make you feel good

That is my engagement ring and wedding right in one. It isn't made of gold, it's sterling silver cost 40 bucks and is my favorite piece of jewelry I will ever own.
    We were poor when we got married (so not even kidding, we had no furniture, not a bed a couch nothing, our TV was on the floor we slept on the floor, we ate on the floor, nada). All we could afford was a cheap ring so we bought this one and I love it.
    We pulled ourselves out from being poor completely on our own and he has offered to get a new wedding band, or buy an engagement ring to add to it, but I have always declined, as this is the one for me. I think on our five year I will let him buy me something with a stone, but it's not the ring that matters it's whats in your heart, trust me.

That is so true and so touching
  10. martiemullet
    see, i found one i like that's only about $100, but i don't know if he'll like it or not.
    i don't even really wear much jewelry, so smaller is better for me, that way it won't bother me so much.

i guess we'll wait and see how it goes...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast