Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: couple other military wedding q's

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

couple other military wedding q's

Advertisements
    df is wearing his blues. we are also doing an arch of sabers with guys from his unit, so they'll be in uniform too.

well df's cousin's bf is invited and wants to wear his uniform (he's af reserves, not army like df). well that made me realize that there are other military guest not from df's unit that are invited, do they "have" to wear their uniforms?
    i don't really want them to, i like the idea of honoring the saber guys as being involved in the wedding. i just don't want to step on toes by not inviting others to wear their uniform. is it rude? and am i correct that they'd have to be informed and invited to wear it?

also, can you think of another way to honor military guest if i don't ask them to wear uniforms? i'm so worried about pissing people off before i'm even a wife for a whole day! haha!!
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Call me crazy, but it'd be odd for someone to wear a tux/uniform if NOT in the wedding party....
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Call me crazy, but it'd be odd for someone to wear a tux/uniform if NOT in the wedding party....

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ok thank you! i thought it was weird he was asking, but then it got me all worried that i was going about something wrong.
    ughh.. can i just vent that her boyfriend is crazy and steals df's thunder all the time! haha
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I agree with this, that would be weird
  6. Senior Member
    As for how to honor them, you could always build it in to a reading or whatever and have someone say somethign about we'd like to honor the other guys and have them all stand up or whatever. round of applause.... or save it for the reception and do the same thing.
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    If they are guests and want to wear their uniform I don't see a problem with it. Maybe he just wants to blend in or that is his only dressy style outfit atm. The other guests don't have to wear their uniform if they don't want to that is why they are guests. I don't see a problem seeing as how there will be others in uniform he won't be stealing attention away from your df since he will be wearing his uniform. Now if your df wasn't wearing his uniform then it would be a bit like stealing thunder.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Fact: bears eat beets.
    Fact: bears eat beets.
    I was looking up wedding invitation etiquette on that stuff - most people said that if you want guests to wear their uniforms you put something like, "guests are invited to wear their military uniforms" or whatever on the invitation.

And I like the idea of honoring them with someone standing up and saying something at the reception, that's a great idea!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahElizabeth View Post
    I was looking up wedding invitation etiquette on that stuff - most people said that if you want guests to wear their uniforms you put something like, "guests are invited to wear their military uniforms" or whatever on the invitation.

And I like the idea of honoring them with someone standing up and saying something at the reception, that's a great idea!
    I also looked it up and you are right. If you would like them to wear their uniforms it should be stated on the invitation. However, that doesn't mean that some people won't wear them anyways. For a few guys, this may be their only nice outfit. And as a gracious bride, you can't exactly force your guests to wear or not wear certain attire. Although, you certainly can suggest it in the invitation.

I also love that you want to honor the other military guests at your wedding - what a nice idea!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    If they are guests and want to wear their uniform I don't see a problem with it. Maybe he just wants to blend in or that is his only dressy style outfit atm. The other guests don't have to wear their uniform if they don't want to that is why they are guests. I don't see a problem seeing as how there will be others in uniform he won't be stealing attention away from your df since he will be wearing his uniform. Now if your df wasn't wearing his uniform then it would be a bit like stealing thunder.
    I agree...I think if it is a military wedding you may have some folks showing up in uniform whether or not they are told to wear it (my uncle is retired and he is bringing his dress whites), but your DF will stand out above all the rest, because he will have the most radiant girl in the room on his arm