Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: JP weddings

1. Senior Member

Question JP weddings

Advertisements
    I have a really stupied question.. lol How does a JP wedding work? I would like to dress up and for him to wear his uniform but do you do all the flowers etc. and bridesmaids etc.. Do you need a witness/friend to be there? Do you walk down the aisle?

We were gonna do JP wedding then little party/Welcome Home when he gets home from sandbox..

How long after you get the marriage certificate does paperwork filing take for everything? Trying to get date picked out but dont want to be in rush before he leaves.

Thank you .
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    if you just go to the courthouse and get married, then you can wear what you like, but there is no aisle to walk down so to speak. You can see if someone can come to your house and marry you ( or place of designation) but they usually charge. We got married at the courthouse, i wore a nice dress he wore a suit. he could have worn his uniform, but he didn't bring it with him.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Did anyone go with you? Or was it just yall? Did you do the whole flower thing? Sorry for so many questions
  4. Senior Member
    Every state is different on rules for witness and length of time from getting a license to the actual marriage. I wore a cute skirt, could have worn my dress uniform, but didn't, he wore his dress blues. We did not really tell anyone, we wanted it to be private. So we did not have any witnesses or rings. It was just the two of us holding hands...VERY romantic...

Some people go all out, get a big dress and flowers... not neccessary... save that money for a future big wedding, which is what we did. We had a "big" wedding about a year later.

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  5. Mac'sSunshine
    We did the JP thing and it was HILARIOUS!!!! We went to this lady's house and it was just before Christmas. She told us on the phone that she had a spot in her home where she does weddings so we thought "ok cool, it will be a nice spot"! HAHA! Being as it was almost Christmas, it looked like Santa had thrown up every possible Christmas decoration he could find from the 1980's!!! It was so guady!! We did nothing but laugh!! But anyways, we got married and that was all that mattered!!
  6. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    we got married in the marriage commissioners back yard it was beautiful there I wore a nice dress and he wore a suit we did not have anyone stand up with us but we were told we could if we wanted to.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmysgt View Post
    Did anyone go with you? Or was it just yall? Did you do the whole flower thing? Sorry for so many questions
    we didn't do flowers we only had one person go with us ( unnecessary) basically me, him and a friend drove to the courthouse found a judge and got married. very very low key.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When my friends did it the had their sister's present and the boy's best friend (as bridesmaid and groomsmen). They both wore some decent clothes, and the brides had a little boquet. They had a back drop so everybody took pictures..like seriously a ton. lol. You do need at least one witness, and the JP will say some sort of ceremony.

9. AFBride2B
    We're planning on doing a JP marriage at the courthouse with just a couple of friends as witnesses. Been actually meaning to ask about them myself. Gonna do some snooping about what we actually have to do here in CA today probably.