Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: umm... hmmm.... dont know how to title this one...

1. Senior Member

umm... hmmm.... dont know how to title this one...

Advertisements
    How do you KNOW when you're in love with someone?

In my past, I thought I was "in love" twice. But with DB, I seem to have this feeling like I've never felt before. I don't know how to explain it. It's either, I'm completely infatuated with him, or I've just never actually experienced 'love' before this...

IDK!!! lol Thoughts?? How did some of yall know with your DB/DF/DH?? And how do you determine between infatuation and love?
  2. Senior Member
    I'm in Moreno Valley, CA/ He's on a ship in Southeast Asia.
    The only word that I can use to explain the way feel is "love". I almost feel like I am obsessed with him. And I can definately say that it wasn't love with the others either. I think you just know. There is no way to explain it. I think it would be infatuation if the feelings weren't mutual. You have to receive the same feelings as you are giving.
  3. Senior Member
    There really is no way to explain "love" it is so different with everyone. With DH, I just "knew" I mean, I felt safe, content and just knew I wanted to spend my life with him. We were friends for over a year before we started dating, dated a year and then got married on a whim.....to this day I look at him and can't imagine my life with anyone else. He's really my complete second half. He's my best friend, my lover, my husband, my childrens father and it just feels RIGHT.
  4. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    I've thought myself in love quite a few times and I think I really might've been. It's different for each person because they're different people. I know I'm in love with DB because I can't imagine my life without him anymore. I'm willing to do nearly anything it takes for us to be together.

Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  5. Senior Member
    As soon as I meet DB it felt sooo different than anyone else, ever. We're not perfect, we have alot of problems in our relationship.. I don't know hes "the one," but I do know that he is VERY different than anyone else..

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia99 View Post
    The only word that I can use to explain the way feel is "love". I almost feel like I am obsessed with him. And I can definately say that it wasn't love with the others either. I think you just know. There is no way to explain it. I think it would be infatuation if the feelings weren't mutual. You have to receive the same feelings as you are giving.
    Yeah.. But I know he really cares about me & that the feelings are mutual. I mean, the stuff he says in our e-mails (since hes in Iraq) tells me that! But its hard to kinda place how I'm feeling.. I like to know whats going on, when, why & how! Especially in this kind of situation! Not to come off controlling or something! haha Like, when he & I were just dating, people would ask me what we were, & I'd ask him about it before I gave an answer because I don't like to be wrong or assume more than what's there! Basically!

Idk.. I'm confusing! I'm sorry! I just need an outside opinion I guess! lol
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    unexplainable feeling, like i wanted to scream from the rooftops his name over and over again.
  8. MsSchelz
    I get what you're saying. The feelings I have for DB...I've never had for anyone before!! I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it's like we're a part of each other....I know that sounds crazy!!! But, I'm 35 years old, so I've been around the block a few times....and back again

Wanna hear something funny, this would have been mine & DB's first Valentines together....but we weren't together....miles apart. But I told him in his card that I didn't mind, simply knowing what we share, what we have, was all I needed for Valentines. And I meant it!
  9. Senior Member
    i think it is a totally "i just knew" sort of situation, which probably isn't much help to you, but i agree with what the other ladies said...i've never been truly in love until DF...it's so much different than anything and so amazing...

i truly don't know what i would do without my other half, he is the half that makes me whole...

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  10. Senior Member
    AWWW!! yall all talk so cute about it!!! sorry, im a sucker when i hear people talking about loving someone! im glad all yall found someone who makes you feel that way!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast