Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm confused

1. Regular Member

I'm confused

Advertisements
    So DB and I have been dating for about 3 months and I am having to do everything in my power to keep those three little words from coming out of my mouth. He is in Afghanistan until fall and made it very clear to me that he cared about me alot but was not going to say I love you until he was in the same room as me. By then we will have been together for 9 months. I mean he is nothing but caring and wonderful and he bought me the sweetest v-day present ever. Do i tell him how I feel or do I just keep my mouth shut and wait until the fall?
    *under construction*
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would personally wait...because I would want the first time to be in person....especially since he made it clear that he wants to wait to say it...you could put him in a bad spot...
  3. Biz
    i am a firm believer of saying what you are feeling....especially in relationships. i say if you are feeling it, then tell him!
  4. what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    Oh girl, im in kind of the same situation! By the time db gets home we'll have been together for about 11 months (well we'l have met 11 months ago then), and we havent said those 3 words to each other either. WELL i had a bit of an emotional time right before he left, i lost a friend in Afghanistan and db was about to leave and i was scared and on the phone with him told him i was falling inlove with him. I am a "cant keep it in" kind of person, and didnt want to have regrets. HE also has made it clear how much he cares about me and actually before i said that, on our last visit, he did little things like tracing "I <3 U" on my back. He says it in his actions, just hasnt in words...and its definitely starting to bother me more!! Everyone says he's just waiting until he's home to say it in person, which i kind of can believe because he's only said it to one other person and he said it took him a YEAR to tell her b/c it means so much to him..but i still am thinking, ok if you feel it. just say it! I dont know if i woul mention it to him though..i DO think its a good idea to let him know that you're faling in love with HIM if you havent already said that or something like that, nothing wrong with letting your own feelings be known, somteimes they are scared and just need that assurance before they say it
  5. Im crazy, the good kind
    Im crazy, the good kind
    personally I would tell him!!! I think you should, I mean if thats what you are feeling than why not ya know?!
  6. Senior Member
    If he already said he cares about you a lot but he wasn't going to say I love you until he was in the same room as you...isn't that, in a sense, telling you that he loves you? He's basically saying he feels it but doesn't want to say the exact words until you're together. So...really, when you think about it, they're just words. If he's already made it known that he feels that way, why not say it? I, personally, like to wait until the guy says it first. If it were me, I would hint around and try to get him to see that there isn't REALLY a very good reason to wait until you're in the same room.
    ~Jessie~

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southerngrl85 View Post
    So DB and I have been dating for about 3 months and I am having to do everything in my power to keep those three little words from coming out of my mouth. He is in Afghanistan until fall and made it very clear to me that he cared about me alot but was not going to say I love you until he was in the same room as me. By then we will have been together for 9 months. I mean he is nothing but caring and wonderful and he bought me the sweetest v-day present ever. Do i tell him how I feel or do I just keep my mouth shut and wait until the fall?
    If it's not too personal, please share! What did he get you for V-day?
  8. ArmyWifey21
    I think you should tell him how you feel, communication is very important, and in a relationship I dont think there should be anything that you cant say to one another no matter what!
  9. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    i am a firm believer of saying what you are feeling....especially in relationships. i say if you are feeling it, then tell him!
    I agree. I think that predetermined expectations of what, when and where certain things should be said actually ruins how special it can be. Say what you feel.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerGirl26 View Post
    If it's not too personal, please share! What did he get you for V-day?

Well so far I have gotten a huge box of godiva chocolates, diamond earrings, and like 4 video games (i'm a huge gamer lol), and there is another package waiting at home that came today ?!?!
    *under construction*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast