Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: what happens after u get married?

1. sweetdreams2817

Help what happens after u get married?

Advertisements
    Me and my b/f have been together for 4 years now and are planning on getting married sometime after MCT. what is the whole process for getting married and after you get married? Thanks
  2. Regular Member
    well do u mean the actual like paperwork process to get married? are u getting married at the courthouse or having the big wedding?
    Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
  3. sweetdreams2817
    I have no clue. I can't talk to him until after the 19th. I think it would be too hard to have a big wedding at this point, so prob. just something small. But yes, the whole paperwork process. thanks
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    You'll apply for a license.. after you get that you can get married by anyone ordained. Once you're married, he'll take your social, and your marriage certificate to PSD or finance, and get you added to his DEERS (dependents list)... once you're on that, you can be put on Tricare for medical insurance, you'll have to get a military ID, and you'll qualify for military housing.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Regular Member
    Well Maurice and I got married at the courthouse. We called the day before to make sure a judge would be there to wed us. Then when we went in he just filled out his information and i filled out mine. All we needed was our socials and phot ids, but i know if different states its different so u will have to check to see what u will need to bring with you. Then they ask if u want his last name...and they give the marriage license and he will need to make plenty of copies of that so he can get you on his orders and get u benefits. Its really easy and its absolutely amazing!!!!
  6. sweetdreams2817
    Ok. thanks. I was trying to find stuff online on websites and it was just making my head hurt and making me feel like it would never happen but now I feel better. It doesn't seem as hard as I thought! Thank ya very much!
  7. Regular Member
    Definitely babe...and if u have any other questions just let me know.