Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engagement Question...

1. Senior Member

Love Engagement Question...

Advertisements
    So i just got back from DB's BCT graduation, and we've talked about getting married a few times, but while we were hanging out in the motel room, he told me flat out that he wanted to marry me, and asked if that is what I wanted. I told him yes We are not "officially" engaged, but we know where we both stand. And now DB is planning on proposing to me.... though I have no idea when!!!

So this is my question... When you got engaged, did your SO know you would say yes? Did you kind of agree on getting engaged before he officially proposed? Or did he propose to you out of the blue?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We had been talking about marriage since almost the day he left for BCT. We both knew he would be proposing when he was home on leave for thanksgiving.

I guess we were in sort of the same situation you are
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    My DH proposed to me out of the blue. He knew it was what I wanted since he was moving to Hawaii, due to the boat's change of homeport. He knew we wanted to be together and the only way I'd move to live with him, was if we were engaged. He knew my parents were old fashioned like that.
  4. loveing life <3
    loveing life <3
    Blog Entries
    we talked about getting married but he just proposed one day out of the blue i totally dident expect it it was the best day ever

ahhh now i have that spongebob song stuck in my head

"its the best day everrr...." lol
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks for the replies! I just feel like we're in a weird situation... Like we're in limbo or something! I want to tell everyone we are planning on getting married, yet we're not even engaged yet! Haha. I'm anxious to know when he will actually propose!?
  6. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    i know how you feel. when DB was home in November he "proposed" like he asked me if i would marry him but no ring or anything. and we have talked about eventually being married. and its hard cuz ur like aghhh we arent officiallly there yettt. and then you just want it to come faster when you are officially engaged hah

<333333!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    DF and I decided that we would get engaged before he left for basic and I knew that he had gotten a ring. The problem was that he decided to take me out to eat, which we rarely did because we were saving money, so I figured out that he was going to propose and I was shaky and jittery all night. I could barely eat and I started to like hyperventilate. I felt so dumb. I almost passed out when I stood up to give him a hug after he put the ring on my finger... I'm a dork. And he knew I would say yes.
  8. Senior Member
    DF walked me into the jewelry store one day...so i knew it was coming...but i told him he had to officially propose, so i did'nt know exactly when it was coming....we were going to wait unitl after deployment, but he couldn't help himself!!!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  9. Senior Member
    We've talked about it since Early on in our relationship. Over Christmas he "unofficially and just between us" (that's a direct quote from the way he asked it) proposed. We wanted to be on the same page and we knew that facing our families and getting their approval (both are old fashion) was going to be the tough part. We had talked about it so much before that and it was such a simple moment, but SO perfect. He had walked me out to my car the first night we were both home and blah blah blah, normal goodnight stuff and then took my hand and asked. I don't think I even actually said yes, I just wrapped him in such a huge hug and everything else was a blur. Then he made a reference to something in my past to make me hug him close again. A simple walk me to my car turned in to 2 hours, b/c neither of us wanted the night to end. A few weeks later, the ring. Our families still aren't completely in on it, so it isn't really officially engaged, but all of our friends know, and we've started with rough wedding plans and he'll introduce me as his fiance, i do the same, so... we're engaged. He wanted to wait to approach his family until some drama died down with his mom and a rough situation there and he also wanted to present it with everyone there. He also wants to be in town long enough to see my father without me knowing about it to get that side of it taken care of. I think they all know without really knowing, b/c i know my parents have seen the ring and I think his side of the family has too.

I know where you are.
  10. Senior Member
    He never purposed but if he did he knew I would say yes because we talked about it a long time before we got married.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast