Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promise Rings...for guys??

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Promise Rings...for guys??

Advertisements
    I had never heard of this before, but my little brothers best friend (confusing right) well his girlfriend bought him a ring to wear on his wedding ring finger (they are not married-she just gradutated high school in may)...It is somewhat of a promise ring. She has one from him as well...I have never heard of this, have any of you done this for your SO or known anyone else to do it?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have heard of mangagement rings and to be honest I am not a fan of them. I like the traditional way where man give a woman a ring until they are married and then he gets the ring. So as far as a man promise ring...I feel the same way
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    DH got me a promise ring for my 16th birthday. A couple years later, he started wanting one and asked me to get him one. I was pretty surprised because I thought they were usually for girls (like engagement rings). I thought it was a little weird, and hadn't heard of it before then. But he wanted to show everyone he was commited like that too, especially when I wasn't with him. So I got him one-it was a plain white gold band (what he wanted). He wore it for a couple years until we got married and he replaced it with his wedding band. Honestly, I had forgotten about this until you brought it up cuz he doesn't wear it anymore.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My sister and her now husband, got him one before they got married. Some time after they had gotten engaged he asked her for one also...at first we thought it was weird, but I think it's fine if they want to show their commitment whats wrong with that?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjtime View Post
    My sister and her now husband, got him one before they got married. Some time after they had gotten engaged he asked her for one also...at first we thought it was weird, but I think it's fine if they want to show their commitment whats wrong with that?
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with it...I had just never heard of such a thing and was asking for others experiences or opinions.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I've heard of people doing that before but I haven't. I kinda want to though. I wonder if he'd like it!
  7. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    hubby & i had matching promise rings when we were dating..

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh, Im sorry, I wasn't trying to insinuate you thought there was something wrong with it. I was meaning that our family thought it was very odd to begin with, but after awhile we didn't think there was anything wrong with it.
  9. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    too many rings.

edit: i sounded mean, sorry. i just never did or knew of anyone who did the promise ring thing.
  10. Loves Joser :)
    Loves Joser :)
    me and jose have matching promise rings.. he wears it on his ring finger.. he has a HUGE tanline from it. we got them from the monterey wraft and they were only like $5. each but there black peal and super nice and we wear them all the time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast