Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Marriage Councling & Tricare is paying 100%

1. Senior Member

Marriage Councling & Tricare is paying 100%

Advertisements
    We decided to go to councling since there is still a lot to work on for us after being apart for 2 years. We are in a good place but there is a lot of issues that we both need to work through. I called Triwest and they said that we could go to any recommened therapist that we wanted and they would cover it 100%. There was a catch to it though, I would have to have the therapist put our visits as its something other then marriage councling because Tricare wouldnt cover it. So we are going on our first appt next Friday. We are looking forward to it.
  2. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    good for you. i think it's great!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hey can you let me know what your therapist puts it under, cause DH and I want to do some marriage counseling and we ran into that issue too!
  4. I love my guardsman!!!
    I love my guardsman!!!
    Thats good that they are covering it and that you and your dh will be able to talk to someone.
    We accept the love we think we deserve.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    It is pretty much just billed as therapy appts for just the spouse. At least that is how ours was billed to tricare.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    It is pretty much just billed as therapy appts for just the spouse. At least that is how ours was billed to tricare.
    Thats right! They told me that basicly that the appt was supposed to be for one of the two of you (better if its the spouse) and they put it under as "stress" "depression" etc. Good luck! I was exstatic to hear that we could do that so I'm glad that you have that option now!
  7. what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    if you live on/near a base you can just got into the family service center/community counseling center and see a therapist for free, no need to talk to tricare abot it. tricare sets ppl up with counselors out in local towns, but there are counselors on bases too (i am a counseling intern on a base!)
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaMi View Post
    if you live on/near a base you can just got into the family service center/community counseling center and see a therapist for free, no need to talk to tricare abot it. tricare sets ppl up with counselors out in local towns, but there are counselors on bases too (i am a counseling intern on a base!)
    I had a VERY bad experince on base and will never go that route again. I would rather deal with tricare.