Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying the "L" word....

1. what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    what is meant to be will always find it's way :)

Bang Head Saying the "L" word....

Advertisements
    Well, i decided i had to tell my boyfriend that i was in love with him... we've been together for some months now and its been going great, although we are now long distance. he also is leaving for his deployment very very soon. It has been bothering me because i knew i felt that way, i just was afraid to say it. I realized i didnt want to have regrets about not saying it, and couldnt hold it in anymore so i said it. Thing is.. he didnt say it back. He did say some nice things about how much he cares about me and how special i am to him, but ya thats it! I got so flustered i made up an excuse to get off the phone. Now, i kind of feel like an idiot and am trying to not be completely bummed, and do not want him to feel pressure about it either. has anyone had this experience or similar??
  2. MoMo
    Yes and sometimes it just takes ppl longer to say it..u probably caught him off guard or something

Dont feel bad tho....and dont feel stupid cause this happens to the best of us
  3. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    I'm sorry girly, Chin up maybe he just needs a few days to think about. You might have just caught him off guard.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  4. smerf
    oh sorry..well it was the other way around. when dh and i were dating he told me first and i didnt say anything..b/c i didnt want to rush into things just yet and i didnt want to hurt him if i told him i did then i ended up hurting him in the long run..but he did say he cares about u and youre special to him..atleast he responded back with a nice compliment..
  5. Senior Member
    I told my DH that I loved him before he ever said it to me. It took like 3 months or so before he ever said it back to me. Sometimes it just takes some people longer to say it than others, but it doesnt mean he doesnt feel it, ya know
  6. loveing life <3
    loveing life <3
    Blog Entries
    i agree i caught my DF compleatly off gaurd with it, even more so because i said it in german, (he knew what it ment, but played dumb) so id say it in english too, he dident say it back right away eaither, (not that night i dont think) but he did say it when he picked me up for school the next morning.

so just give him sometime, im sure he'll say it when he's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo View Post
    Yes and sometimes it just takes ppl longer to say it..u probably caught him off guard or something

Dont feel bad tho....and dont feel stupid cause this happens to the best of us
  7. Senior Member

I totally feel you...I was in the same situation with DB...he and me both have been crushed pretty bad by the "L" word, and it took us almost 8 months into our relationship to say the words...but it was worth the wait. I know I felt that I loved him long before that, but, knowing how he was, I waited until I knew he felt the same. Give it time Girly! He'll say it when he's ready...don't stress. Don't worry, he doesn't feel pressure. If anything, he might be worried that he might lose you because he didn't say it....don't worry, it'll be okay.
  8. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Awww I'm sorry he didn't say it back sweetie. Maybe he just wasn't ready. Wouldnt you rather him say it and mean it than just say it because you said it to him. Just give him some times.
  9. usmcwife4601
    I had the same situation with my then boyfriend (husband now) I said it to him one night and he didn't respond. I felt dumb but I wasn't going to hide the fact anymore, I said it to him everytime we would get off the phone or he'd drop me back off at my barracks. When he finally did say it a few weeks later I knew he meant it. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. Be patient- it will (hopefully) pay off in the end. Men don't express their feelings as easily as women.
  10. Cherrish
    I went through that with my ex....he said it WAYYYYYY before I did.

Just because he didn't say it back doesn't mean he doesn't care about you very deeply....or that he doesn't feel it. He just may want to be very very certain about it when he says it. And when he finally says it.....it'll be worth whatever amount of time you went through just to hear him say it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast