Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: well, he left..

1. Regular Member

well, he left..

Advertisements
    I already have a countdown on my phone for our first visit, haha. 88 days!! For Christmas leave. I already cannot wait. I keep checking the countdown as if it'll actually get lower..... haha.
    Last edited by RebeccaAshley; 11-25-2017 at 08:05 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    It will get easier as the days go. I know it doesn't seem like it now, and trust me I have been there... or I should say most of us probably have. Stay busy, keep up on your health, it will take a little time to feel normal again, but it will happen.
  3. Senior Member
    I have zero advice but am right there with you, I said goodbye to my DB sunday...my kids and I got to go the airport with him and actually say goodbye at the gate, it was very surreal and even when we're home and he's not there it still feels like it hasn't 100% sunk in. Plus I know this part will be easier as he's still state side and hasn't actually left for overseas yet, that's when communication will go from calls every night to Skype once a week (*hopefully*) but I have the same fears as you...if you figure out how to do it let me know
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I feel your pain. I have the same fears as you do, that he'll slowly start to "forget" me. Logically, I know that's probably not true, but emotions are not based on logic. I have also struggled with anxiety and depression since childhood, as if LDL weren't difficult enough on its own!

I think they key is to keep yourself occupied and not fixated on the distance that's between you right now. I know that's my biggest challenge so far. For me, my hope is that some sense of normal communication can be established once he settles into his new surroundings. I just don't know how long that will be, or what that will look like.

There are so many unknowns. The good thing is, it looks like there have been plenty who have gone before us and have made it work. I'm trying to take comfort in that.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP1984 View Post
    I have zero advice but am right there with you, I said goodbye to my DB sunday...my kids and I got to go the airport with him and actually say goodbye at the gate, it was very surreal and even when we're home and he's not there it still feels like it hasn't 100% sunk in. Plus I know this part will be easier as he's still state side and hasn't actually left for overseas yet, that's when communication will go from calls every night to Skype once a week (*hopefully*) but I have the same fears as you...if you figure out how to do it let me know
    I'm sorry you're going through this! I feel like it didn't completely sink in for me, either. It's such a weird feeling to have someone there all the time and then BOOM, their no longer there at all.

I hope you guys are able to stay in contact once he's over seas! You can do this, we all can! (:
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaAshley View Post
    My boyfriend just left a few hours ago. 16 hours away from me. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. my little 5 year old nephew even cried because they are so close. It was so hard to walk away after saying our good-byes.

It feels as if its not real.. almost like it hasn't hit me yet. I've been crying but at the same time I feel like I haven't grasped the entire concept of him actually being GONE. Not being able to be with him every day....... wow, this feels so weird.

I already have a countdown on my phone for our first visit, haha. 88 days!! For Christmas leave. I already cannot wait. I keep checking the countdown as if it'll actually get lower..... haha.

I'm so scared though. He's so excited for the new active duty life style. I just get insecure that he'll slowly start to "forget" me in a way, because all his excitement will over-shadow me. But thats just my own ridiculous thoughts acting crazy, ya know?

I just want to not have this heavy feeling in my throat anymore and just be okay. I know it'll take a few weeks to feel "normal" again.
    I guess I'm just looking for some encouraging words.

Mine just left too It is the first time hes getting deployed somewhere since we have been together, the not hearing from him is going to be the hardest part. Send me a friend request! We can chat, I will need some support and someone to talk to that understands, noone around me and no friends understand.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klloyd333 View Post
    Mine just left too It is the first time hes getting deployed somewhere since we have been together, the not hearing from him is going to be the hardest part. Send me a friend request! We can chat, I will need some support and someone to talk to that understands, noone around me and no friends understand.
    I'm so sorry! :/ I'll send you a request and we can chat! (:
    I understand what it feels like to have no one else understand. I am my only support system! Haha.
    But that's why this sites so great-- makes you feel less alone
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Me too girls, my man has been gone for a week now and I feel lost!