Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dealing with DB in OSUT

1. Regular Member

Dealing with DB in OSUT

Advertisements
    I just went to family weekend to see my DB, it was an amazing time but I feel like I am back to square one again and it sucks. I was wondering if it got easier for any of you that is going through or went through the same as I am right now? Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Before dh left for deployment a few years ago, he got 4 days for liberty. When he had to go back, I felt horrible. I know how you feel.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Before dh left for deployment a few years ago, he got 4 days for liberty. When he had to go back, I felt horrible. I know how you feel.
    It really sucks lol. WAs deployment hard for you? But i know i will see him again in a month! How did you learn how to cope with it?
  4. Regular Member

Long distance while being a army gf

I was wondering if any of you are long distance with your DB? If so, does it get easier? I am having a difficult time again. I came back from family weekend and now i can't talk to him for another month. It feels like the 11 weeks I couldn't talk to him for in basic training. He is doing OSUT. Me and him plan on moving in together when he gets to his duty station but I don't know if he needs to be approved or not.
  5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by aw75257 View Post
    I was wondering if any of you are long distance with your DB? If so, does it get easier? I am having a difficult time again. I came back from family weekend and now i can't talk to him for another month. It feels like the 11 weeks I couldn't talk to him for in basic training. He is doing OSUT. Me and him plan on moving in together when he gets to his duty station but I don't know if he needs to be approved or not.
    A lot of people on here have been or are currently in long distance relationships, military or not. We know how you're feeling. It's tough, I've done it with mil and non-mil SOs and the good part it does get easier. Your boyfriend just graduated from basic, so you're still adjusting to the distance and reduced communication. It will become your "new normal" and it'll teach you to communicate and value your time together. The flip side is that yes, it gets lonely - that is when you reach out to your friends and family and make them your support system! I think a lot of it comes from your attitude. If you think being in a long distance relationship is the hardest thing in the world, then it will stay that way in your mind. Stay positive, stay busy, and focus on moving forward. You got this!

As for moving to be with your SO, I have no advice on the logistics piece of it but I will say that I wouldn't move to be with someone if we weren't engaged, especially because the military doesn't give a fuck about unmarried SOs. Good luck!
  6. Senior Member
    I'm long distance with DB and have been for almost a year now. It is frustrating to not be able to talk to them but once he's done training it should get a lot better. I know my DB really puts a lot of effort into getting ahold of me so even when he's in the field I hear from him just about every day. He's leaving for a month at JRTC in a few days and I'm very nervous about that because apparently the cell reception there sucks so I don't know if or when or how much I'll hear from him - so I can commiserate there. I've basically filled the next month with as many things as possible to keep me busy.

As for moving in together, you won't be able to do that unless you get married. He will be required to live in the barracks and won't be getting BAH to pay for housing. You can move up there to be near him and he can stay with you (idk if he can stay with you all the time, I've had DB stay with me in a hotel for a week and no one cared but permanently might be different) but you would have to pay for that separately because you don't get BAH until you reach a certain rank or get married. Please note that I am not not not advocating that you get married just so you can live together.

Where is your DB going to be stationed?
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Just as an FYI, please don't create multiple threads on the same topic. I'm going to report to a mod so hopefully the two can be merged. Your other thread is here: http://www.militarysos.com/forum/lon...g-army-gf.html
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    A lot of people on here have been or are currently in long distance relationships, military or not. We know how you're feeling. It's tough, I've done it with mil and non-mil SOs and the good part it does get easier. Your boyfriend just graduated from basic, so you're still adjusting to the distance and reduced communication. It will become your "new normal" and it'll teach you to communicate and value your time together. The flip side is that yes, it gets lonely - that is when you reach out to your friends and family and make them your support system! I think a lot of it comes from your attitude. If you think being in a long distance relationship is the hardest thing in the world, then it will stay that way in your mind. Stay positive, stay busy, and focus on moving forward. You got this!

As for moving to be with your SO, I have no advice on the logistics piece of it but I will say that I wouldn't move to be with someone if we weren't engaged, especially because the military doesn't give a fuck about unmarried SOs. Good luck!

Thank you! Yeah it is currently very hard for me right now because he is doing OSUT and AIT is basically the same as basic training for him. It completely sucks. I hate it. I know as time goes on though.. it will probably get easier and we will have a routine. And i know i will be able to see him from here and there and we can talk a lot more when he is done with OSUT. I guess we need to communicate very well. And yeah me and him use to live together and never were long distance and thats why i think its really hard for me because i am not use to it still. but thank you!
  9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Merged like threads as it is against TOS.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.