Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Move Early or Not To Move

1. Regular Member

To Move Early or Not To Move

Advertisements
    If you were going to move away and live apart at the end of September but were presented with the opportunity to move at the end of June would you take it? The only toss up is almost 2 months extra with DH or $3900 in savings. I planned to move home at the end of September with and live apart for 9 months, but now I have the opportunity to move early and save $3900 but I'm not sure if it's worth missing almost 2 months with DH.
  2. Regular Member
    I would spend the extra time with DH. Money is nice but memories are forever. Until you get dementia. But that's another story.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumperJane View Post
    I would spend the extra time with DH. Money is nice but memories are forever. Until you get dementia. But that's another story.
    Haha, right?! All jokes aside, I would stay and spend the extra time with DH.
  4. Regular Member
    That's a good chunk of money, but if you're at a good place financially and it won't affect you, I say stay with DH. That's definitely what I would do. Time is more valuable than money.
  5. Senior Member
    Eh is he going somewhere soon? That's a lot of money, I'd probably tough it out unless he's deploying soon or something. You're together for life lol two months really isn't that long. I'd also look at the weather wherever you're going, but I haaaaate being hot so that might only matter to me.
  6. Regular Member
    If possible, it would be nice to maybe stay 1 month with DH. That way part of the money would be saved but you'd still get extra time with DH, which is always great. I don't know if that's a possibility for you though
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Eh is he going somewhere soon? That's a lot of money, I'd probably tough it out unless he's deploying soon or something. You're together for life lol two months really isn't that long. I'd also look at the weather wherever you're going, but I haaaaate being hot so that might only matter to me.
    That's my thing. He'll be gone for a few months and then come back and then we would have the option of spending the two months together. I feel like it would be more cost effective to leave now and not have our apartment sit there for months.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamidarleen View Post
    That's my thing. He'll be gone for a few months and then come back and then we would have the option of spending the two months together. I feel like it would be more cost effective to leave now and not have our apartment sit there for months.
    So is it more that you don't want to be in the location you are in because its miserable or what? Is he deploying? My husband will be in and out for the next several months before he leaves. But for me at least I will stick around for the most part.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    So is it more that you don't want to be in the location you are in because its miserable or what? Is he deploying? My husband will be in and out for the next several months before he leaves. But for me at least I will stick around for the most part.
    The location isn't miserable, but it's definitely not ideal. I already left the state and he has too because he's going underway soon and my property manager knew our situation and gave me the option to get out of our lease early because a lot of people are wanting to rent there. I feel like it would make more sense to get it taken care of now and not have to go back and forth. Of course DH has no real opinion. He just wants me to do whatever I feel is right.
  10. Senior Member
    Where are you located? just out of guess you are associated with the navy since you said underway (a navy thing at least what I know) Is that is true how he feels. Sometimes we (people) say things like that but don't always mean that. I am famous for that stuff.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast