Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First ever deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

First ever deployment

Advertisements
    Hi guys,

So it's my partner's first deployment ever. It's only a month touring across the UK (he's in the Royal Navy) and he has only been away for 4 days now. I'm finding it hard to break away from the 'he should be calling me every time he's free' phase and it's ruining our relationship. I haven't got any friends, sounds so sad i know! And my family are never in the house so i'm usually on my own. I spend every weekend with him and his family so it's extra hard. We have been together 2 years, and he's been in the Navy for a year and a half now, but never been away for more than two weeks at a time. I feel myself constantly checking if he's been on Facebook and feel so alone really.

I would really love some friendly advice or someone to chat to when needed as I haven't met anyone with the same situation that I am in. Please help!!

Thanks
    Els
  2. Regular Member
    Hey girl anytime you need to chat feel free to PM me! My mans stationed in Alaska and I'm in NC so not the same as a deployment (which he just got told may be happening later this year for him) but still he if you need anyone to talk to. I got hurt at work 2 months ago so am home a lot more then I was when I was working and doing school so I'm having a hard time adjusting to that! Anyways never hesitate to message! Also have you thought about writing him some letters for him to read when he gets back?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hiya!

Thankyou for responding! Yes, i write a diary entry directed to him if every i'm feeling down and it's really helping so far!
  4. Regular Member
    Hey! My boyfriend is away for a TDY for a couple months so I know the feels. I've also been having a hard time lately even though this isn't our first separation (he was deployed a year ago). Message me, girl! I'd love to chat and make these long days go by a little faster!
  5. Regular Member
    My boyfriend and I are currently in a long distance relationship situation. I've been away from him for six months before and that was hard, but we had regular contact. Now that he will be deploying soon, contact will be going down and I am trying to prepare myself and keep busy. I get to see him one more time before he goes and I'm so excited!! Feel free to message me if you need someone talk to!