Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Finally seeing him again...

1. Regular Member

Finally seeing him again...

Advertisements
    So after many many many months of being Long distance as his duty station isn't near where I live, my man is suppose to be coming to see me before too too long (as long as his leave is approved, which we are waiting to find out). Sorry trying not to say too much about time frames because of OPSEC. But anyways after nearly a year apart... let's just say I'm nervous! My son and I will be picking him up from the airport and we have some plans planned out. I have a photographer lined up and gonna surprise him for valentines day with professional pics while he is here. My mom is watching my son one night so we can have a date night and go to a hotel. Thinking about making shirts and a sign for when we see him at the airport... is that too much? Any cute ideas of things to do? I told him after so long he better be ready for lots of kisses and cuddles. lol.

Update: He has now got approved for leave yay!
    Last edited by nathansgirl; 02-07-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: update!
  2. Regular Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who would get flooded with nerves when you're about to see your man after a long period of time apart! But anyways, I think the T-Shirt and signs is a cute idea! Definitely not too much IMO, I'm sure your man will appreciate the warm welcome! Maybe have a couples spa day or something of that sort?? Or if he has a hobby that he likes to do plan something that has to do with that, that you guys can do together! I'm not the most creative person ever but those could be an idea? Also, when in doubt I always resort to Pinterest! Always so many new and cute ideas for stuff!
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Figgychick View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who would get flooded with nerves when you're about to see your man after a long period of time apart! But anyways, I think the T-Shirt and signs is a cute idea! Definitely not too much IMO, I'm sure your man will appreciate the warm welcome! Maybe have a couples spa day or something of that sort?? Or if he has a hobby that he likes to do plan something that has to do with that, that you guys can do together! I'm not the most creative person ever but those could be an idea? Also, when in doubt I always resort to Pinterest! Always so many new and cute ideas for stuff!
    Thanks so much! Yeah it hasn't fully got approved yet (his sgt said it should) so I'm trying no to get too excited until we know for sure but it's hard not to! I'm glad you don't think it's too much! I'm sure he will love it! Last time I just dressed cute and stuff but this time I kinda wanna make it more special for him. I love the idea of a couples massage and even have a giftcard for a massage but I got hurt a month and a half ago (my back and shoulders long story short I'm an emt and someone didn't lift right which ended up causing 500lbs to go onto me.) so I'm scared to do massages until I'm healed... maybe next time he comes But I do like the idea of doing something he likes... he's really into planes so gonna try to look something up online about where we can go nearby. My sons said something about the zoo and a trampoline place so might let the boys go do the trampoline park and I'll watch but could go to a smaller zoo near here so it's not a ton of walking for me but something everyone would enjoy! And yes I agree Pinterest! I used Pinterest today to help me come up with an idea for decorating the inside of his valentine's day box. Again thanks for the help! Crossing my fingers we get an approval soon for his leave!