Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about Navy A school?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question about Navy A school?

Advertisements
    First thank you to anyone who participate and help resolve my question.

Now, my boyfriend recently graduated from boot camp. From lot of researches, I know for sure he got sent to A school right away. I missed him a lot and was wondering how is he doing. It has been 3 weeks post-graduation but he has not yet call home or send any letters. During boot camp, he sent a lot of letters home and in one of the letter he mentioned Fort Meade.
    Since he has not contact home I am not sure where he was sent to school. I just hope he is doing well.

Really prefer answer from ex-Navy or Navy-active members but all help are appreciated.

Is my boyfriend allow to communicate with people from home?
    How long until he could communicate with his family?

Anhina
  2. Senior Member
    Their cell phones are taken from them when they first arise at basic and are usually sent home or locked up and given to them after graduation. If the phones had been sent home family either brings it to graduation or sends it after. He should be having a lot more freedom now and have access to a phone.

My husband just told me he could possibly be in holding between basic and A school, but that he should have had a call within the first week to let people know what was going on.

Do you know his parents? Have they had any contact with him?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Their cell phones are taken from them when they first arise at basic and are usually sent home or locked up and given to them after graduation. If the phones had been sent home family either brings it to graduation or sends it after. He should be having a lot more freedom now and have access to a phone.

My husband just told me he could possibly be in holding between basic and A school, but that he should have had a call within the first week to let people know what was going on.

Do you know his parents? Have they had any contact with him?
    Thank you Sabrina22LE for your reply.
    I do know his parents but they have recently move to another area, so I am not sure if he has been contacting his parents.
    Could you please share with me how long does A school usually lasted?

Thank you
    Anhina
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhina View Post
    I do know his parents but they have recently move to another area, so I am not sure if he has been contacting his parents.

Thank you
    Anhina
    Why don't you just ask them if they've heard from him? Did you go to his graduation? He should have known then where he was going to be sent. Three weeks seems like a long time to hear nothing. He should have *some* privileges to communicate with you.
  5. Senior Member

Thank you
    Anhina
    That can vary a lot. Typically it is 3-6 months, but some rates have a lot more, it can be up to 2 years.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeth View Post
    Why don't you just ask them if they've heard from him? Did you go to his graduation? He should have known then where he was going to be sent. Three weeks seems like a long time to hear nothing. He should have *some* privileges to communicate with you.
    Thank you Allybeth for your input.
    No I did not go to his graduation. I was attending classes where I am currently living.
    I just hope he is doing okay.

Thank you again

Anhina
  7. Senior Member
    First thank you to anyone who participate and help resolve my question.

Now, my boyfriend recently graduated from boot camp. From lot of researches, I know for sure he got sent to A school right away. I missed him a lot and was wondering how is he doing. It has been 3 weeks post-graduation but he has not yet call home or send any letters. During boot camp, he sent a lot of letters home and in one of the letter he mentioned Fort Meade.
    Since he has not contact home I am not sure where he was sent to school. I just hope he is doing well.

Really prefer answer from ex-Navy or Navy-active members but all help are appreciated.

Is my boyfriend allow to communicate with people from home?
    How long until he could communicate with his family?

Anhina
    Even if he was in holding he should have been able to call you. It's odd that he graduated boot 3 weeks ago and has not attempted the contact you.

DH did A School & C School at Naval bases so I assume it's about the same. He had free time everyday to talk to me in the evening when he was not at class.
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 10-11-2016 at 12:59 PM.

8. Senior Member
    At this point I would contact his parents and see if they have heard anything. Them moving wouldn't have anything to do with hearing from their son because they would have the same phone number still normally.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeth View Post
    At this point I would contact his parents and see if they have heard anything. Them moving wouldn't have anything to do with hearing from their son because they would have the same phone number still normally.
    Thank you everyone so much.

Thank you Sabrina22LE for your valuable insider information.
    Thank you Allybeth for all of the wonderful advises.
    Thank you idratherbehiking.

My worst case scenario is he has already met up with someone else although he was not the type but loneliness and hardships could do wonder to a human's fragile heart.

I am quite sad but I will put forth my best efforts to search for and contact his family.

Thank you everyone so much for your helps and supports.

Anhina