Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: College struggles

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

College struggles

Advertisements
    This is my first year in college and my DB is in basic training. He keeps sending letters to my house and then I have to wait for a weekend to drive home and get the letters haha. Did this happen to anyone else when their SO was in basic? He still knows how to make me laugh, though.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I was in the same position last November through February while my DB was in basic. I was in another city at college and while I could have gotten him to send his letters where I was staying, I always told him to send them to my house. I was super paranoid that the letters wouldn't get to me. I didn't really trust my roommate to keep up with the letters if they arrived when I wasn't home. I knew that my parents would keep up with them though so I came home every weekend, which was only an hour and a half away, to retrieve the letters and also see my family. I usually had one to two letters when I would come home that Friday night and then sometimes received more that next day while I was home. I looked forward to those letters sooo much. My parents would text or call me throughout the week to tell me I had gotten some and I would look forward to it the rest of the week. I still wrote him letters and sent them off from where I was. I'm pretty sure I wrote him one every single day. But he only sent them to my actual home address. I remember rushing home and snatching the letters off the counter and running to my room. I could never open them in front of my family because I would always cry reading them lol. Those letters were worth more than gold. And it sucked waiting until the weekend but it made my weekends special.