Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I Need Emotional Support

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad I Need Emotional Support

Advertisements
    My boyfriend started boot camp for the Coast Guard today. He promised to call this morning before getting on the shuttle bus but he never did, I'm not blaming him or bashing him, but I set my alarm and promised to call me for one last goodbye. I can only imagine what he's going through right now, with his first full day of boot camp and not being able to call me. I'm really worried and upset and nervous and anxious and I'm feeling all sorts of emotions right now. I need some support from other Coast Guard girlfriends/wives or anyone who has loved ones in the Coast Guard or anyone who is/has experienced similar situations, to help me out during this challenging time for me. Thank you so much. Stay Strong.
  2. Regular Member
    He may not have called for a number of reasons. Perhaps he ran out or time or the times were not what he anticipated or phones might not be allowed at the moment. Not certain about coast Guard, but for Army they get to call someone saying they have arrived safely and pass on address information. If you know his parents, I would reach out to them and ask them to contact you when they receive this call, assuming he calls them. You got this, girl. Feeling a bunch of emotions is totally normal. Be sad, watch movies and eat some junk food with a friend for a few days then start being productive. For me, planning something monthly really helped me while MF was deployed. Have something to look forward to, hang out with friends and family, delve into your favorite hobbies and keep yourself busy. Soon you will be looking for graduation outfits!
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Thumbs Up

Thank you so much for the support! He called his mom and when I talked to her earlier today she told me he was about to get off the phone to call me but then she heard in the background to turn off cell phones and get on the bus. And my boyfriend said "But what about my girl? I promised I'd call her!" and he started crying before saying goodbye to his mom. So, he meant to call but never got the chance. I'm glad he made it there safely and he's sort of doing alright. I'm praying and hoping he'll continue to stay strong like I am during these next few weeks. Thank you again so much for the support! Stay Strong.