Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New to this lifestyle

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New to this lifestyle

Advertisements
    Hello everyone. I am a new member to this website, and new to this whole life style. My fiance left a bit over a month ago for basic training in the army, and we are planning to get married when he gets back from AIT. (His AIT is going to happen directly after basic because of his job.)
    I have heard some rumors about his deployment. I heard that being married means he may be stationed for a longer period of time in a place like Korea. Is this true? I heard that if he is single, he will only be there for a year, but if we are married it will be two. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? Should we consider holding of on marriage because we may not see eachother for a longer period of time? Help, please! I have no one else to ask because no one I am friends with has ever been in a situation like this.
  2. Senior Member

Can't offer much insight as I'm still new to the lifestyle, but I'm sure someone will have insight for you
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post

Can't offer much insight as I'm still new to the lifestyle, but I'm sure someone will have insight for you
    Thank you! I actually posted a similar question under a different thread because I was not sure where this question really applied. I have gotten some advice.
    I hope this journey goes smoothly for you.