Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New in the military community

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New in the military community

Advertisements
    Hi, so I am somewhat new to the military community. My fiancée is in the United States Marine Corps and is stationed in Camp Lejeune NC. Anyone have any advice for me. I'm so flustered with everything and not use to him not being around to help with wedding planning
  2. Senior Member

Talk to him when you can, and try to include him in as much of the wedding planning as possible. Other then that, there's not much you can do. Just keep busy so that the time flies until you can be together again!
  3. Regular Member
    I didn't include my husband in wedding planning. OK not fully true. He had a few bits here and there but he is a typical male who wanted nothing to do with the planning. He got to make the save the date cards which he wanted to do but that was all he was really interested in doing. Plus he was very busy with school when we were planning our wedding. It was basically me and my mom who did all the planning. And honestly I was perfectly happy with that. I just told him what to wear and what time.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckbutt View Post
    I didn't include my husband in wedding planning. OK not fully true. He had a few bits here and there but he is a typical male who wanted nothing to do with the planning. He got to make the save the date cards which he wanted to do but that was all he was really interested in doing. Plus he was very busy with school when we were planning our wedding. It was basically me and my mom who did all the planning. And honestly I was perfectly happy with that. I just told him what to wear and what time.
    My husband actually wanted to be apart of the planning. He'd get upset if I made a decision without him. So I have to say I'm a bit jealous of you!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He wants to be involded as much as possible but it is so hard with him so far away
  6. Senior Member
    I recently got engaged too! . We are having a very small wedding though so the planning hasn't been too bad yet! Sorry i am not much of a help!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."