Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping up with the passion

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Keeping up with the passion

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to the military spouse life and this site. I have a bit of an odd question, my fiancé is currently at tech school in Mississippi. I am so happy we are able to communicate now he is out of BMT. I was just wondering if we are able to send sexual messages, to keep the passion in our long distance love? I looked briefly online and I see a lot pointing to it being illegal in the military, but I don't know if that applies to a consensual relationship.
  2. Senior Member
    if it's illegal than we broke a lot of rules while DH was in afghanistan I've never seen anything about it being against the rules and he was never told anything of the sort.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know he wasn't allowed any explicit photos in BMT, I just wanted to make sure that didn't apply to tech school as well. So I looked online, and just keep seeing court cases, granted they are between service members and their superiors, not spouses.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to the military spouse life and this site. I have a bit of an odd question, my fiancé is currently at tech school in Mississippi. I am so happy we are able to communicate now he is out of BMT. I was just wondering if we are able to send sexual messages, to keep the passion in our long distance love? I looked briefly online and I see a lot pointing to it being illegal in the military, but I don't know if that applies to a consensual relationship.
    I think they mean don't send it on his government phone or military email. If it's his personal phone and email, then you should be fine!

5. Senior Member
    I know he wasn't allowed any explicit photos in BMT, I just wanted to make sure that didn't apply to tech school as well. So I looked online, and just keep seeing court cases, granted they are between service members and their superiors, not spouses.
    Relationships between to lower and higher ranks is called fraternization and is not allowed. And no, you can't send dirty photos to him while he's at boot camp, but MOS school is a totally different ball game.

Sexual messages between spouses are okay.

6. Senior Member
    remember that any time a message goes via the military (so mail to a work address, email to a work account, etc.), there is a possibility it could be read by someone else. But it isn't against any general kind of rule.

When i doubt, these are questions to ask your SO, not us. He'll know what specific rules apply, and he'll know his comfort level. Also, remember that many of his superiors likely aren't going to love him checking his phone many times through the day, so you might keep texts during work hours to only things that truly can't wait, not idle chat.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    remember that any time a message goes via the military (so mail to a work address, email to a work account, etc.), there is a possibility it could be read by someone else. But it isn't against any general kind of rule.

When i doubt, these are questions to ask your SO, not us. He'll know what specific rules apply, and he'll know his comfort level. Also, remember that many of his superiors likely aren't going to love him checking his phone many times through the day, so you might keep texts during work hours to only things that truly can't wait, not idle chat.
    Yes. Some guys are comfortable with "sexting" and others aren't. If your texts are not an emergency, save it for when he's off work/out of class.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He doesn't have a work phone, it is his personal cell. And we don't talk during the day at all, only during the evening when he is back in his dorm for the day. And I know he is comfortable with it, I just wanted to make sure we wouldn't be violating a rule somewhere. Thank you everyone
  9. Senior Member
    He doesn't have a work phone, it is his personal cell. And we don't talk during the day at all, only during the evening when he is back in his dorm for the day. And I know he is comfortable with it, I just wanted to make sure we wouldn't be violating a rule somewhere. Thank you everyone
    Even his personal cell. If he's checking it, or typing on it, throughout the ay, that's the kind of thing bosses see and make note of, and not in a good way. It's very unprofessional in most contexts. He likely won't get in trouble for it, but it forms an impression of his professionalism and work ethic, especially because his bosses are likely older than him and not part of the Text Constantly generation.

If you guys are good with that, great, but it's something to consider.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Even his personal cell. If he's checking it, or typing on it, throughout the ay, that's the kind of thing bosses see and make note of, and not in a good way. It's very unprofessional in most contexts. He likely won't get in trouble for it, but it forms an impression of his professionalism and work ethic, especially because his bosses are likely older than him and not part of the Text Constantly generation.

If you guys are good with that, great, but it's something to consider.
    she said they don't talk during the day at all.

I think you're fine OP, sext away!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast