Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried to death

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Worried to death

Advertisements
    I met my fiancé several months ago on Facebook by sheer accident. Neither of us were looking for a relationship at the time. We have now been texting on a somewhat regular schedule since early July. In mid-September we got in a little argument and he blocked me in Facebook but still kept me as a friend. I just got notice from one of his best friends by email about 3 weeks ago that around the time of the fight he was not acting like himself, and not concentrating while on duty. This led to whim getting shot 8 times and put into a coma for almost a month. He also had temporarily lost his ability to speak and when they removed the bullets it caused him to go back into a coma for another week. I feel like it's all my fault for not believing him when he told me how much he loved me and who he was. I love him with all my heart and do whatever it takes to be by his side but because he is special ops he can't tell me anything. My heart is breaking under the weight of feeling like if I had just believed him and listened to my heart he wouldn't have been so close to death to protect the unit under his command.
  2. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMamma View Post
    I met my fiancé several months ago on Facebook by sheer accident. Neither of us were looking for a relationship at the time. We have now been texting on a somewhat regular schedule since early July. In mid-September we got in a little argument and he blocked me in Facebook but still kept me as a friend. I just got notice from one of his best friends by email about 3 weeks ago that around the time of the fight he was not acting like himself, and not concentrating while on duty. This led to him [sic] getting shot 8 times and put into a coma for almost a month. He also had temporarily lost his ability to speak and when they removed the bullets it caused him to go back into a coma for another week. I feel like it's all my fault for not believing him when he told me how much he loved me and who he was. I love him with all my heart and do whatever it takes to be by his side but because he is special ops he can't tell me anything. My heart is breaking under the weight of feeling like if I had just believed him and listened to my heart he wouldn't have been so close to death to protect the unit under his command.
    Have you met your fiancé in person? Skyped with a man who correlates to pictures of a man in uniform? If not, this story being wild from start to finish and him special ops are both red flags...
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He is your fiance but you only met him:
    1) a few months ago
    2) on facebook
    3) never met him in person (I presume)
    4) claims he is special forces (always a red flag and usually a sign of *SCAM ALERT*)

the e-mail you received, was it from a .mil address?

Lets, for the moment, be optimistic, and say this is not a scam. It is not your fault. period.
    However, the whole story screams *SCAM*

it is very common for scammers to claim they are "special forces." Special forces are like fight club. People in Special Forces do not talk about being in Special Forces. It is a great way to pick up women though. It becomes easy to disappear, or a great excuse to cut off communications for a while, etc.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    Have you met your fiancé in person? Skyped with a man who correlates to pictures of a man in uniform? If not, this story being wild from start to finish and him special ops are both red flags...
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    He is your fiance but you only met him:
    1) a few months ago
    2) on facebook
    3) never met him in person (I presume)
    4) claims he is special forces (always a red flag and usually a sign of *SCAM ALERT*)

the e-mail you received, was it from a .mil address?

Lets, for the moment, be optimistic, and say this is not a scam. It is not your fault. period.
    However, the whole story screams *SCAM*

it is very common for scammers to claim they are "special forces." Special forces are like fight club. People in Special Forces do not talk about being in Special Forces. It is a great way to pick up women though. It becomes easy to disappear, or a great excuse to cut off communications for a while, etc.
    I have to agree, we never want to assume someone would lie about something so serious, but this seems way to sketchy.
    Last edited by irish85; 11-03-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Special forces are like fight club. People in Special Forces do not talk about being in Special Forces.
    If they ever do, it's in person, not via Facebook and text. And even then, there's not much that they can say.

I have to agree with the others. There's a ton of red flags here. Tread very, very carefully.
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    ~Becca~

7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you gotten texts/emails from this person professing love for you that don't quite have correct grammar? Take paragraphs of the emails/texts and put them into google exactly the way they were sent to you and I can almost guarantee you will come up with tons of hits for websites it came from, I'm willing to bet that you're being scammed.

8. Regular Member
    Even if it's not a scam, blocking you over facebook over a fight is not something a fiancée should do.
  9. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Yeah, no.... Sorry, OP. This reeks of scam and I wouldn't believe it for a second if I were you. Have you ever met in person?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMamma View Post
    I met my fiancé several months ago on Facebook by sheer accident. Neither of us were looking for a relationship at the time. We have now been texting on a somewhat regular schedule since early July. In mid-September we got in a little argument and he blocked me in Facebook but still kept me as a friend. I just got notice from one of his best friends by email about 3 weeks ago that around the time of the fight he was not acting like himself, and not concentrating while on duty. This led to whim getting shot 8 times and put into a coma for almost a month. He also had temporarily lost his ability to speak and when they removed the bullets it caused him to go back into a coma for another week. I feel like it's all my fault for not believing him when he told me how much he loved me and who he was. I love him with all my heart and do whatever it takes to be by his side but because he is special ops he can't tell me anything. My heart is breaking under the weight of feeling like if I had just believed him and listened to my heart he wouldn't have been so close to death to protect the unit under his command.
    You said you didn't believe who he was, so was that what the fight was over that he blocked you on FB? So you already had suspicions about him?

If his friend could tell you your DB was shot, and that's not considered top secret Special Ops business, then it's pretty likely the email from his friend was bullshit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast