Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hubby PCS'd to Japan on unaccompanied orders

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Roll Eyes Hubby PCS'd to Japan on unaccompanied orders

Advertisements
    Today has been emotional to say the least. About a year ago, my husband received orders to Sasebo, Japan. Long story short, I was just starting a 2 year nursing school program and we decided that he should take the 2 year unaccompanied orders over the 3 year accompanied orders. We married while he was on Shore Duty, so I've never even experienced a deployment. I knew when we married that deployments come with the territory. Do you guys have any tips/advice for surviving this separation. I do plan to go next year after I graduate to visit for a while. I've had a huge outreach of support from our friends and family. I'm hoping I can get some support from others who have had similar experiences. Thanks all!!

Christina
  2. Senior Member

My husband is currently in Japan also, but we're going through a tour conversion.
    The best thing I've found is to just stay busy. Find a hobby you really enjoy doing. Hang in there
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Being a nursing student is definitely going to fill the empty spaces. We spent the majority of the last 6 weeks together since he was in holding. I'm hoping that once we re-establish a routine things will become easier.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaNicole View Post
    Thanks! Being a nursing student is definitely going to fill the empty spaces. We spent the majority of the last 6 weeks together since he was in holding. I'm hoping that once we re-establish a routine things will become easier.
    It will, at least it did for me. The only bad part is the time change. But my DH and I get to text and FaceTime a lot. Also if you have the chance of visiting definitely do! It's beautiful there.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hi! The most important thing is to stay busy, and I am sure nursing school will help you a lot with that! And like you said, once you guys get into a routine, it will feel easier. The transition is the hardest part, for me at least. I'm doing the LDR thing now with DB, he's in Guam. Now that I think of it, we've been at this for about 2 years now, and the time has flown by. And that's even better that you have so much support from friends and family.
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I'm actually surprised at how "ok" I am. I still have my moments. The quite/down times are the hardest. But it's only been a little over a day. Now that he's there we have more info about what to expect. And I am DEF going! I've already heard about how beautiful it is over there. Hoping I get some pics from DH soon!!