Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Visiting Ft. Knox

1. Senior Member

Visiting Ft. Knox

Advertisements
    YOU GUYS. First of all - it's been forever since I've been on here! Like years. Like ... WAY TOO LONG. Lots of things have happened while I was not around, like oh, we got married!

So my DH () is on orders for 2 mos at Fort Knox and we FINALLY found out he will have a 2 day pass over the weekend of the 4th. I'm driving up to visit and we are planning on staying in a hotel and checking out some of the local scenery in good ol' Kentucky. Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to stay and what to do in a short amount of time? I am a horse person, so Churchill Downs will be on the agenda for sure. We also love outdoorsy stuff, bourbon, small towns that still have fun places to eat and drink, and historical nerdy things.

Looking at staying in Bardstown, Elizabethtown, or somewhere in Louisville - suggestions on those three areas would be amazing!

LES210, lovemyJR, armywifey514, KristyMarie, ~*Krys*~, Theresa913, and Haleyscomet are my sisterwives. Cheat is our manwife
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wayyyyyy long ago when I visited exDB, I stayed in a hotel in Radford. Don't do that. We visited Elizabethtown and it was absolutely awesome and I wish I had stayed there instead. Another experience I had was that the cab fares from Ft. Knox- Elizabethtown were outrageous. If you fly into Louisville, rent a car. Wayyy cheaper.