Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever just surprised their SO?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile Has anyone ever just surprised their SO?

Advertisements

i was able to cancel my flight! and get a (partial) refund LOL y'all were right i was doing too much. so good thing it was a surprise and he doesn't know lol
    Thank you all
    Last edited by soleil; 03-08-2015 at 09:24 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    No, their schedules are so up in the air that I wouldn't surprise him. I would hate to fly across the country and not be able to see him. Especially if I was worried we weren't on the same page.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That seems like a really bad idea.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    I booked my flight last week to surprise my boyfriend who i haven't seen in over a month. (This is all thanks to a military wife i met and is the sweetest letting me on base. literally love this girl)We also haven't talked in two weeks. Our relationship is pretty new since maybe Dec. or so and we are still learning how to communicate with each other. Lately, it's been rocky in the sense that we haven't been communicating much we also had one disagreement so far. I understand if he's busy and that's okay. But I notice that he also doesn't make much of an effort and hasn't even emailed me. His ship is coming back this week. so i'm really excited and to be honest i don't even know how its going to go because we literally haven't talked. But i do have a lot of questions about where we stand. I'm not sure if I'm just over thinking it and should chill out. But someone just give me their thoughts anything i would greatly appreciate.
    If you haven't talked in two weeks and you have questions about where you stand, then IMO I'm not sure a surprise visit was the best idea... Where are you planning on staying when you fly in?

5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    No, when we were LD (9 years), I never surprised him, and he never surprised me. The expense of travel wasnt worth the surprise if he ended up being busy with work that week, or having duty, or if I had an exam or other obligations. If you are having trouble in the relationship after this short of a time, I also probably would not have invested such effort into a person who is not investing in me, or does not have the same values/ideas of a relationship/etc..
  6. Senior Member
    And Roxie makes a good point. Schedules change all the time.

7. Senior Member
    Yeah I really hope this works out the way you want it to, but I wouldn't do it. My husband has had so many short notice schedule changes, he's had to go into the field with like two days notice, once he got sent to South Korea for six weeks with just a few hours notice. He was supposed to go a few weeks later, but he literally was told one morning he was going that day and by that night he was gone.

Maybe some jobs are more stable but it's not worth the travel expenses IMO. And I also agree with Vino, I wouldn't be investing so much into a relationship that's started out rocky already. Like why haven't you spoken in two weeks? Has he been working with no comms or are you ignoring each other? What if he thinks you're broken up
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah I really hope this works out the way you want it to, but I wouldn't do it. My husband has had so many short notice schedule changes, he's had to go into the field with like two days notice, once he got sent to South Korea for six weeks with just a few hours notice. He was supposed to go a few weeks later, but he literally was told one morning he was going that day and by that night he was gone.

Maybe some jobs are more stable but it's not worth the travel expenses IMO. And I also agree with Vino, I wouldn't be investing so much into a relationship that's started out rocky already. Like why haven't you spoken in two weeks? Has he been working with no comms or are you ignoring each other? What if he thinks you're broken up

For real. This is SUCH a bad idea...

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    OMG. first off thank you to everyone who replied. Y'all are the real MVP's lol. I appreciate what y'all had to say. I am new to this whole military thing. I did not know that schedules can change out of nowhere(should've looked into that). I do have somewhere to stay and if it does not work out and i can't see him I do have friends that live down there since i used to live near there. So it won't be too bad. But ya this can go so wrong so quick. i feel like a dumbass now for doing this without really knowing anything. My intention was just to surprise him. But before he left we were in a good place. But I feel like we do need to talk about where we stand and everything just to clarify we are on the same page. Also we haven't spoken in to weeks because he's been out at sea in training lol tbh i'm starting to think this was a really bad idea. thanks to everyone though i appreciate it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast