Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Really Good Advice

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Need Some Really Good Advice

Advertisements
    I havent been on this website/forum for a long time.Okay here goes nothing. My current boyfriend/fiance is in the middle of PCSing. He is supposed to report to his next duty station Febraury 1,2015, I have not heard from him at all since January 22,2015.Is this normal? Im getting worried every time I call him his phone goes straight to voicemail this has been happening for a week now.

Right now my feelings are really conflicted, I am confused,tired ,hurt, angry,sad and everything else.Is this all really worth it. I have been stuck in Houston,TX for four god awful months and we chatted everyday until January 22. I am not sure what is going on. We were making plans for the future and them all of a sudden no communication at all. I know I shouldn't be pissed at him but I am wondering why I haven't heard anything at all.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Is he doing an international PCS? When did he leave?

Have you emailed/FB'd him? Do you have contact with his family at all?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Yes it sounds weird. We've PCSd before, and you get busy (like you would with any move) but not too busy to call and check in with family. Where is he PCSing to/from? We got 8 days of travel to go about 3,000 miles but it really didn't take that long. I can't imagine he's been stuck somewhere for 8 days... unless he's coming from overseas. Then IDK.

4. Senior Member
    Not, it's not normal. Even for an overseas move, anyone who cares enough to do so can absolutely find time in a week to send a quick email, if nothing else.

Are you on contact with his family? Call them and see if they've heard anything.

What did he say about when he'd contact you next? Did he mention any difficulty? Did you talk about communication at all?

I'm sure others here will probably tell you that he's busy and that you need to be patient with him. To me, it's not acceptable, no matter how busy, for a loved one to simply drop off the radar with no notice for more than a week. I can't see why anyone would ever tolerate that.

Based on your post history, you've had doubts about your relationship before? Are you being honest with yourself now about the state of your relationship?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by atlast1985 View Post
    I havent been on this website/forum for a long time.Okay here goes nothing. My current boyfriend/fiance is in the middle of PCSing. He is supposed to report to his next duty station Febraury 1,2015, I have not heard from him at all since January 22,2015.Is this normal? Im getting worried every time I call him his phone goes straight to voicemail this has been happening for a week now.

Right now my feelings are really conflicted, I am confused,tired ,hurt, angry,sad and everything else.Is this all really worth it. I have been stuck in Houston,TX for four god awful months and we chatted everyday until January 22. I am not sure what is going on. We were making plans for the future and them all of a sudden no communication at all. I know I shouldn't be pissed at him but I am wondering why I haven't heard anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Not, it's not normal. Even for an overseas move, anyone who cares enough to do so can absolutely find time in a week to send a quick email, if nothing else.

Are you on contact with his family? Call them and see if they've heard anything.

What did he say about when he'd contact you next? Did he mention any difficulty? Did you talk about communication at all?

I'm sure others here will probably tell you that he's busy and that you need to be patient with him. To me, it's not acceptable, no matter how busy, for a loved one to simply drop off the radar with no notice for more than a week. I can't see why anyone would ever tolerate that.

Based on your post history, you've had doubts about your relationship before? Are you being honest with yourself now about the state of your relationship?
    - how long have the two of you been dating?
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Is he doing an international PCS? When did he leave?

Have you emailed/FB'd him? Do you have contact with his family at all?
    No he is pcsing from NC to AZ. I tried emailing him but I didnt get a response, I dont use facebook but I gress I should set up an account.
  7. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post

I guess I havent been really honest with myself. I am seriously upset that I am halfway into my move to Arizona and he pulled this crap.Im starting to think that its about time for me to write a Dear John letter. It seriously breaks my heart to even consider it but I have to do whats best for me at this point in time.
  8. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    - how long have the two of you been dating?
    Its been a year now.
  9. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys for all the post and advice I just decided to what is best for me and this morning I sent him an email explaining why I couldnt continue with this relationship. So I guess im staying in Texas at this point.
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by atlast1985 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the post and advice I just decided to what is best for me and this morning I sent him an email explaining why I couldnt continue with this relationship. So I guess im staying in Texas at this point.
    have you still not heard from him? Did you guys actually meet in person at all? Sometimes, scammers online will pretend to be military personnel. I'm sorry you're going through this
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast