Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: From Germany to Kansas

1. Senior Member

From Germany to Kansas

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,

I guess I belong here now.
    DB has relocated to Fort Riley a couple days ago and it is slowly settling in that he is indeed gone.

A little back story about us, we have met at a local Irish Pub in Germany back in March (I am German) and hit it off right away. We have been official for a little over 6 months now.
    We had already made plans for me to come see him for Christmas and meet his family, which is still three months away but somewhat tolerable. But now he has received word about a possible deployment coming up soon
    I just don't know how to deal with this. I have no doubt about us getting through it but I simply don't know how
    A year+ of not seeing each other just seems so much worse than a couple months..

I am still in school finishing my Bachelors so there is no way for us to just get married and have me move to Riley with him.

I don't even know what I am looking for with this post, maybe just a word of wisdom from those of you who have successfully conquered the distance?

Thank you for reading this
  2. Senior Member
    Saskia - Bleib stark und gib nicht auf
  3. Regular Member
    My DF has been stationed in Fort Riley for the last four years! He was just recently relocated to Germany. It looks like our SO's have switched places!! We've been doing long distance for awhile now. I don't know if I have any words of wisdom, but I do know that it's worth all the wait. If you want to talk, feel free to PM me!!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know how you feel :/

Me and my husband have meet in Germany when he was stationed in Ansbach, and he had to PCS to Ft. Bliss in early summer. Since then we've been in a long distance relationship. Next time I will see him is at Christmas.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you about the deployment. My husband almost got deployed recently, and it came out of nowhere and was a huge shock. Good luck!
  5. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    Stay strong. Maybe you can see him before he leaves.
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  6. Senior Member
    Thank you guys for your kind words. He is trying to get more info about whether they will actually deploy him or not and what else. His unit will deploy for sure but since he's new he thinks that they might not do that to him right away, but who knows with the Military right? And even if he doesn't have to go just yet, I'm scared of booking a flight for Christmas only for him to tell me that he is actually going a couple weeks later..
    I just want to get married already lol

On the fun side, I am currently preparing his first care package it's all superhero themed and I think he'll enjoy that
    Nora, where are guys stationed?
    NightNovelist, how did your DH like Riley?