Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Nutts Confused

Advertisements
    Has anyone of you ever had second thoughts about staying with your boyfriend because the long distance relationship is just getting harder and harder? I know it will be worth it in the long run, it's just really hard. Any tips?
    Last edited by ArmyBabe2; 06-15-2014 at 02:13 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyBabe2 View Post
    Has anyone of you ever had second thoughts about staying with your spouse because the long distance relationship is just getting harder and harder? I know it will be worth it in the long run, it's just really hard. Any tips?
    With an ex boyfriend, yes I questioned the relationship and dealing with distance. But with my spouse, no never. I'd wait forever for my husband if I had to. What exactly do you need tips about? What's hard for you? Are you lonely, having trouble connecting or communicating with your spouse, bored on your own, what?

3. Banned
    Banned
    No. Never for me. But it's not wrong to feel this way, at all. Long distance is hard, and not for everyone. How much longer until it's over? Is there an end in sight? How often do you see each other?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Can you clarify - is this a boyfriend or a spouse? Your intro post says boyfriend, but the wording here seems to imply it is a spouse you are questioning staying with and, for me, the "level" of the relationship would possibly have some influence on my answer.
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    A husband? No. I have committed myself to my husband and I had already thought of the possibility of LD, and decided he was worth it before we decided to marry. A boyfriend? I think you would be foolish to not consider breaking up with someone due to distance. Not saying you need to break up, but if you are dating and LD is a possibility, I think everyone should examine that relationship and decide if it's worth it.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I must have missed over the spouse part. My answer applied to boyfriend. A husband? Well you made a commitment and I would have to tell you to suck it up and push through the hard times because I don't think it's fair to leave a marriage just because you can't deal with a temporary distance.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    With an ex boyfriend, yes I questioned the relationship and dealing with distance. But with my spouse, no never. I'd wait forever for my husband if I had to. What exactly do you need tips about? What's hard for you? Are you lonely, having trouble connecting or communicating with your spouse, bored on your own, what?
    He is my boyfriend, my mistake. But yes I'm very lonely, and we barely ever talk. I find it very difficult.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    No. Never for me. But it's not wrong to feel this way, at all. Long distance is hard, and not for everyone. How much longer until it's over? Is there an end in sight? How often do you see each other?
    We still have 9-10 months until he gets to come home, last time I saw him was a couple months ago, but we are supposed to be getting married after he comes back to the country. & he's not my husband, he's my boyfriend that's my mistake.
  9. Senior Member
    Is he deployed, or are you just in different locations in the U.S? I need to know that before I touch on the talking issue. Boyfriend or no boyfriend you have to find a way to deal with the loneliness. Find a hobby, something you like to do. Go out with friends, do things for you to help keep you busy.

10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Bdizzle- Yes he's deployed, my friends are busy with their own life's. They're with their boyfriends or out at the bars.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast