Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Suggestions Please 😐

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Suggestions Please 😐

Advertisements
    Good evening everyone. I'm looking for suggestions on how to keep my relationship going strong while my DB is away. We are doing well, but I have no idea of what type of things to do with him while he's away. I keep hearing about date nights!?!but not sure how to pull that off, because I've never been in a LDR. And what are some games i can play with him?Please any & all suggestions are appreciated. FYI we've been together for a little over 4 months now.
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

DH and I would skype and play yahoo games together online. Our favorite was dominoes.
  3. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    the yahoo games can be fun sometimes. We watched sometimes movies together turned on the skype and watched the same movie. At the beginning I thought this is weird but it helped me a lot.
    Getting used to the new lifestyle far away from home and leaving my fear behind each day a little more.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so DB and I have been LDR for the whole 4 years of our relationship, and my best advice for you is communication. Chat about your days, current affairs that interest you, tell each other everything. You've only been together 4 months, so something tells me I doubt you know everything about each other yet? Find out the things about each other that you perhaps wouldn't take the time to ask of you were physically together. Find out each others childhood, funny stories, embarrassing ones, just try and learn as much about each other as you can and take this time of separation to do that.

As far as activities are concerned, DB and I did the whole movie night thing once and it was fun. Quizzes and questions are always fun too, taking a quiz online and seeing what each of you get, or finding lists of questions to ask each other if you get stuck for things to talk about. Also, try and make time for each other when you have no distractions around. No friends, no tv on in the back ground etc. Obviously you can't do that all the time, but having your attention purely focused on each other is definitely a good thing as far as communication is concerned.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  5. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    we send each other care packages, send each other photos
    & videos everyday via email or text. communication is key! we tell each other our day to day events, bad or good moments. we have fitness challenges, we always do date nights (movies and just talking to each other for a hour or more if we can) we also read the same books & exchange thoughts about it. we also pray together.
    salaam alaykum
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions I'm going to give them a try��������