Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Engaged and lonely.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Engaged and lonely.

Advertisements
    I am not sure where to go for support. My fiancé has been stationed so far away from me and is about to go on a mission for a week or so and it will be the first time we have gone more than a few days without talking. I am already so worried and feeling so alone. Not only is he only going for a few days, he will come home and then be deployed 14 days after to Iraq for 9 months. I am driving myself crazy and trying to learn how to cope with just the idea of this. I know my situation is not as bad as it could be and I have complete sympathy and respect for any military spouses dealing with deployment or just a military spouse in which has the strength to live day to day with a smile on their face!

I strongly agree that everyday I wait for him is worth it. I have no family and no friends where I am due to my location and being relatively new here. Anyone out there who wants to just talk a lonely military fiancé through the night?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm so sorry you're feeling so lonely I am heading off to bed but I just saw this and wanted to say hi. It sounds like you have a lot going on with him being away and a deployment creeping up

I'm sure when more people get online you'll have plenty of great support here to help you get through it. Try to let yourself get some rest.
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

First I'd like to say and welcome you to the forum. Secondly, try to find a hobby that you'd enjoy doing while he's away. That's about the only thing that kept me sane throughout my husband's 11 months away. (I never claim to be sane, it's just easier to be nuts imo) If you ever need a shoulder, eye, ear, I'm here! I'm about to go to bed, though. I'll be back on in about 4 or 5 hours though, so look for me then.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiersgirl466 View Post
    I am not sure where to go for support. My fiancé has been stationed so far away from me and is about to go on a mission for a week or so and it will be the first time we have gone more than a few days without talking. I am already so worried and feeling so alone. Not only is he only going for a few days, he will come home and then be deployed 14 days after to Iraq for 9 months. I am driving myself crazy and trying to learn how to cope with just the idea of this. I know my situation is not as bad as it could be and I have complete sympathy and respect for any military spouses dealing with deployment or just a military spouse in which has the strength to live day to day with a smile on their face!

I strongly agree that everyday I wait for him is worth it. I have no family and no friends where I am due to my location and being relatively new here. Anyone out there who wants to just talk a lonely military fiancé through the night?
    and welcome
    While you will find plenty of support here - I would encourage you to take this as an opportunity to get out there and start building yourself a social/support circle in your new location - I know that moving to new places can be hard, but the sooner you get out there and start creating a life for yourself in your new location the easier the coming months are going to be for you.
  5. Senior Member

Sometimes, the anticipation for what is coming up is worse than the actual situation. Right now, just take it one day at a time.

There are so many great people on this website that you can lean on for support, too. I also agree with Ol' Grey Mare: it will help you so much if you can start to get your foot out the door as often as possible. Have you ever wanted to take any classes? Maybe yoga, cooking, martial arts, music? Personally, having a job makes it easier for me and helps to create a routine. Will you be working? Another idea if you aren't working is to volunteer. It would also create a "work-like" routine and help the community. And you'd probably meet some awesome people!
    Last edited by MissNik; 05-05-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: clarified language
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Closed due to OP status - underage.