Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My First Post--Dating AF

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

My First Post--Dating AF

Advertisements
    Hey everyone! This is my first post on here so if I'm not doing it quite right, I'm sorry. :/

Anyways, I posted this on a different forum and a person directed me to this website.

So here's the situation that I posted on the other website:

My friend and I "like" each other and I think that we may end up dating. But he's leaving for Air Force boot camp in a couple months and I'm leaving June 7th (not for military but for spending the summer elsewhere). Would it be a bad idea to start a relationship so close to his leaving and we'd have to long distance everything? I guess, I'm not worried about the long distance aspect on my part. I'm used to long distance relationships with friends and such, but I do realize that a dating relationship would be different in some aspects. He's graduating high school this year and I graduate next year.

I know you guys won't be able to tell me if it will "work out" or not, but I'd like some advice and comments concerning this situation. Like, what would I be getting myself into? And do these relationships have a large chance of ending badly? Etc. Anything y'all can say will help! Thanks everyone!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Closed due to OP's status - underage.