Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

First deployment

Advertisements
    I'm new to this whole military thing. My boyfriend just left to drive back home to Massachusetts for pre-deployment leave for 2 weeks. And then when he gets back he will promptly leave for 7 months. Does the pain get easier over time? I need help! How do I get through this in one piece?
  2. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    Quote Originally Posted by robintherobin View Post
    I'm new to this whole military thing. My boyfriend just left to drive back home to Massachusetts for pre-deployment leave for 2 weeks. And then when he gets back he will promptly leave for 7 months. Does the pain get easier over time? I need help! How do I get through this in one piece?
    I am new to the military lifestyle, language and policies as well.
    But it takes time to get use to them being gone. In my experience Communcation has been key. so depending on where he goes (calls,texts and letters and even doing care packages as helped me.just to keep my mind busy)

You'll get thru it just stay busy!!! I work full time, i am working on my BA full time and work out all the time (in my experience its helped a lot) i have a very supportive and positive group of family and friends as well too.

MSG or add me as a friend (you can vent whenever you need to me)

oh & pray!! My faith has helped me a lot.

take care