Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like I'm Living In The Dear John Movie

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

I feel like I'm Living In The Dear John Movie

Advertisements
    I met my boyfriend online about six months ago. It pretty much started out as good friends with great conversation. I had every intention of seeing him on his leave, which I did....but only as a friend. He comes with baggage as he has a girl pregnant back in WA where he is stationed. It wasn't a relationship more of like a fling. He doesn't want to be with her but wants to be apart of his child's life.

Like I said I had every intention of just being friends but it turned out to be so much more than friends. We connected every way possible and I can honestly say I fell in love. Two weeks is all it took for me to fall in love with him. We spent every second of that two weeks together. I know for a fact this is a mutual feeling. I'm not like some crazy girl just a sucker who has fallen in love with the wrong guy.

So am I wrong. Are these feelings I should just shrug off to the side and forget about. I live the whole way across the country. I am more than willing to make whatever sacrifices possible to be with him. I honestly feel in my heart that I would stand by him and wait forever if need be.
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    have you seen Dear John... because I'm pretty sure that's not the story line I got from it

I don't see how he is the "wrong guy" per say. Everybody makes mistakes, and unfortunately, his mistake got somebody pregnant If you like him, you like him. As long as he's good for you, that's all that matters.

be cool.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    have you seen Dear John... because I'm pretty sure that's not the story line I got from it

I don't see how he is the "wrong guy" per say. Everybody makes mistakes, and unfortunately, his mistake got somebody pregnant If you like him, you like him. As long as he's good for you, that's all that matters.
    Well I think she's referring to the fact that in Dear John, the main characters meet and spend two weeks together and fall in love.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  4. Regular Member
    I think this is something only you can decide. Although, you didn't say much about how HE feels about you. How do you know he loves you too, did he tell you he does? I think if he feels the same way you do, then why wouldn't you pursue it? I guess it comes down to whether or not you two can make a long distance relationship work based on your two weeks together. Good Luck, I hope everything works out for you!

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.” ~ Bruce Lee

5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinthesky View Post
    Well I think she's referring to the fact that in Dear John, the main characters meet and spend two weeks together and fall in love.
    Agreed.

Anyway, only you can know what is right for you. Being in a military relationship is not fun, nor should it be romanticized as it is in movies. It is lonely, and it is hard and it is many nights hoping and trusting your gut to know if you are making the right decision in being in the relationship. If you feel like you want to, by all means, start a relationship. Just know it is a lot of work, especially being long distance, and ESPECIALLY with a baby and a baby-mama involved. Good luck with your decisions.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yes Baby mama drama soon to come im sure. I do love him and I know he loves me to. He was the one who told me he loved me first. Although I felt it I was afraid to say it ya know? I knew he felt the same. I apologize for the Dear John reference. I just meant I fell in love with him in Two weeks.
  7. Senior Member
    Honestly *I* would stay only friends until the baby is born and that situation is worked out.

Are you sure it is just a "girl pregnant with my baby but we are not together" situation and not a "my girl is pregnant and I am feeling antsy about this." situation?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lalzi22 View Post
    Agreed.

Anyway, only you can know what is right for you. Being in a military relationship is not fun, nor should it be romanticized as it is in movies. It is lonely, and it is hard and it is many nights hoping and trusting your gut to know if you are making the right decision in being in the relationship. If you feel like you want to, by all means, start a relationship. Just know it is a lot of work, especially being long distance, and ESPECIALLY with a baby and a baby-mama involved. Good luck with your decisions.
    This 100%!!!
  9. "She who waits also serves"
    "She who waits also serves"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post

Actually I'm not really a fan of that movie....I don't feel like its accurate
    " Love that guy to the Moon and back! "

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EU_Queen(89) View Post
    Honestly *I* would stay only friends until the baby is born and that situation is worked out.

Are you sure it is just a "girl pregnant with my baby but we are not together" situation and not a "my girl is pregnant and I am feeling antsy about this." situation?
    I 100% second this!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast