20 38.46%
  • Have a place to their self

32 61.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: roomates

1. Junior Member

roomates

Advertisements
    Would you rather your SO have a roomate or their own place?
    any explainations to go along with your answer would be great.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'd prefer them to have their own place. Not that I mind roomies, but everyone needs a place to go and decompress without people pounding on the door, asking where the toilet paper is.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't want him to be alone if that makes since, he's living with some of his buddies which I kinda like. It's annoying sometime because then there are always guys around it seems. To me it's better then him being alone and the group of them are renting a failry nice house. When he was in barracks it wasn't that great, his roommate there was a jerk.
  4. Senior Member
    I like the fact that my DF has his own room. Sure it's in the dorms, but it's his own space. No one else invading his privacy, using his things, etc. DF has a slight case of OCD - the good kind - there is an order to things and although his room can get a bit messy, at least it's just his mess. I'm not sure he would happy at all with roommate. Especially since him having his own room allows us to talk constantly and ya know... do whatever we want. Lol.

He likes to get away from the people around him and a roommate, I'm sure, would drive him crazy. This way, he can be social when he wants to and hide out in his room when he wants to. Don't worry, DF has a healthy social life - I make him go out usually. Lol. If just for lunch with friends.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Alone. I've lived with roommates for 5 years (before I was married) and am past that stage in my life. Sometimes you just need your privacy.

Plus, I've lived with people whose boyfriends stayed with us all the time w/o paying rent and it was beyond obnoxious. Sometimes a girl wants to walk around in her underwear and bra!
    "whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -emily bronte
    fashion lust!
    http://www.iwouldtotallywearthat.blogspot.com
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Db has roomates. One in the second bedroom and one in the livingroom . I like that he has roomates because it drastically cuts down on the cost of the apartment which helps us save money. I know his roomates are good people and I trust them. I visit him often and I don't mind them being there...I don't really see why I would want him to have his own apartment if I wasn't living with him.

ETA- I took roomates to mean housemates. Db has his own room. I WOULDN'T like it if he had a roomate because we would get no privacy.
  7. Junior Member

keep 'em coming..
    I want to hear more opinions please.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Alone. I've lived with roommates for 5 years (before I was married) and am past that stage in my life. Sometimes you just need your privacy.

Plus, I've lived with people whose boyfriends stayed with us all the time w/o paying rent and it was beyond obnoxious. Sometimes a girl wants to walk around in her underwear and bra!
    Amen to that sister!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have a roommate. I wish I lived with someone else honestly because she is conceited and rude!

I don't want to have to pay the fee to move because it's expensive and I don't know where I'd move.

Overall, I don't mind roomies...as long as we get along.
  10. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBrianna View Post
    I have a roommate. I wish I lived with someone else honestly because she is conceited and rude!

I don't want to have to pay the fee to move because it's expensive and I don't know where I'd move.

Overall, I don't mind roomies...as long as we get along.
    Would you rather your SO have a roomate or have his own place?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast